i need an opinion...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, i am a young woman in the age of 24. I could please if anyone know or having these symotoms give an answer. My symptoms started two months ago when i had a low back pain so severe that i couldn't sleep and the next days the pain spreaded in the arms and the feets. I had numbness in my feet and i couldn't leave the house because of pain. One week later the things calmed down a little so i saw a lot of doctors and they send me to neurologist. I had MRI of brain and spinal cord and blood tests all normal. When the pain calmed but not at all i am having now twitches in my legs and my arms, i still can't sleep and i feel so weak and tired that i can't get out of bed. I have a lot of apetite and good mood but my strength and power have gone. I am taking vitamins but it seems that there is no difference at all. I also notice that my muscles in my left side are smaller in my leg and i remember that this leg this year was so weak and i couldn't do the things i do with my right leg. So now i feel weakness in both arms and legs, twitching, i don't sleep and i am having pain in the chest with shortness of breath. My doctor says that its ok and continue in vitamins but i feel awful. Sorry for the length of the question and if someone knows anything i would appreciate it.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It's good that everything had came back fine I'm having similar symptoms but don't seem to be getting anywhere with doctor I'm going to go back tomorrow, do you think it's possible you could be suffering from anxiety also I was told to take some magnesium for the feelings and have just started it I kinda feel a slight difference this is maybe worth a try, I think doctors are to quick to turn ppl away but if you know there is definitely something then just keep going back
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the answer, i take magnesium and some antidepressants because doctor told me to relax. Personally i feel that it isn't anxiety. I am going to have an appointment next week and i maybe have some answers. Are your symptoms similar? It's a good thing that you are doing better even a little! I hope the same for me
    • Posted

I have good and bad days I haven't felt myself for a while my left arm and 2 fingers feel like I can't move them properly I first started droping thins then my arm started to feel weak and Restless, such a horrible feeling, also have no energy I feel dizzy all the time and my eyesight the goes weird some days I don't even have the energy to do my hair, I get excruciating pain under my ribs I look and feel like death x
    • Posted

I'm sorry for your pain. In many things i can feel you. The truth is that these two months i have been to many doctors and i felt so dissapointed and frustrated. So many people try to find what is wrong... It's an answer. I hope getting better
    • Posted

You just have to go with your gut instinct I how you get answers soon
    • Posted

I have lower back pain and numbness in my left foot and to a lesser degree the right one. I also feel light headed and dizzy a lot of the time. What interested me in your symptoms was the pain under the ribs and the changes in vision. Last year I had 14 types of blood tests including genenetic testing that were OK as was a head MRI scan. Nerve conduction tests only showed slight problems and he thought that the problem comes from my lower back.

I have pain under the sides of my rib cage on each side. It seems to be in the kidney areas as much as in the ribs. I had kidney ultrasound scans that showed cysts on the right kidney that have grown a lot in the past year but I'm told that they are harmless. My doctor squeesed my rib cage and when I yelped said it felt like sprung ribs but they get no better as months go bye.

I had catract surgey two years ago and my sight was perfect after that. In February of last year I woke up one morning 'short sighted' in my left eye and out of focus in mid distance. Eye hospital thought it was caused by a type of neuropathy and possibly caused by a surge in blood sugar during the night or a sudden drop in blood pressure. It went after a few days but comes back overnight every few weeks when I can only read half way down the eye chart with my left eye. Apart from that all the tests show that every thing else about my eyes is perfect.

I had a lower back CT scan before going to see a neurosurgeon but he now wants a whole spine MRI scan. That is proving to be a problem as no nearby hospital will do it as my MRI compatible pacemaker is not one that they have a protocol for. 

What is your vision problem like and what tests have you had for it?

• Posted

Have the docs scanned you for blood clots in your lung?  They usually start in the legs or arms and can cause all kinds of diffuse and intense pain.  Mine went on for 15 months (I was in agony!) and several docs later, I was finally diagnosed by an internist.  I told her (nicely) that if she could not find what was wrong with me, I would replace her to find someone who would take the time to find out.  She found it immediately, I was hospitalized for 3 days while I was given clot busters as injections and was released with an appointment with a hemotologist.  I am still exhausted, have severe chest pain and the arm the clot came from hurts almost all the time.  It is amazing what can go awry in our bodies.  Of course, I, too could be wrong, too, but it is worth checking out.  Good luck.
    • Posted

Thank you so much, no they didn't check me but you are right! It worths as i had all these tests. I am going to ask or discuss it with my doc. It's a relief that you find it and you are ok now. Thank you again!
    • Posted

Hiya how do they check for that I've had a chest xx Ray that came back clear I was having breathing problems and was diagnosed with mild copd I java just Stopped smoking and my breathing has improved
    • Posted

Good for you for stopping smoking.  Smoking is a big reason folks have blood clots in their lungs.  However, with every day that you don't smoke, your lungs improve!  My mother has copd after smoking for 45 years.  She is 83, exercises, plays bridge, is a total social butterfly, lives alone, travels, etc.     X-rays cannot see blood clots.  You need a ct scan or mri for that.  I hope that is not what is wrong but you certainly need to know.  After smoking, an mri wouldn't hurt to rule out anything else.  COPD diagnosis is a go to for docs who know you smoke, kind of like anxiety when they can't find a specific reason for pain.
    • Posted

Yeah that's what worry me I was diagnosed with that to quick after having so many other symptoms I asked for an mri and he said no I'm sure the doctor thinks I'm stupid bur I have 3kids to look after and am struggling with energy so I'm going to go back and demand more tests
    • Posted

Where was your clot at and I had the vq scan came back clean
    • Posted

Mine came from my left arm and traveled to my right lung.  It still hurts up my neck, thru the front and to my back and I am very short of breath.  Initially, in 2014 when I went to the ER, my usual 100/58 blood pressure was 189/98, I couldn't breathe, had pain in my arm, low oxygen, etc., was assigned a cardiologist, nothing was wrong with my heart, he said it was anxiety and sent me home.  Sadly, even tho I was finally diagnosed correctly after firing 2 docs, still having significant pain and shortness of breath, I have now had these severe symptoms for 17 months and am on Xarelto.  I had no risk factors and no family history of PEs. Don't give up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.