I need help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on Xanax  for 2 weeks taking 0.25mg daily. Life was so good, but after that I did not go to the doc to continue my treatment as I thought I was ok. The week after while on the way to home, I felt a lump in my neck and suddenly in the bus, i felt asif the lump has broken and all its part moving to my head. It was asif snakes were walking inside my brain. I got high palpitation and my arms and feet were so weak that I cud not move. Moreover, my vision turned out so blurred asif it was night already. I was hospitalized for 2 days but doc could not find the cause except telling me that I am too stressed. But one thing I know sure and those before I was very happy and relax.Now this neck lump is always bothering me and gives me pain. MRI and CT came out clear.

Is it really a panic attack? Am very much afraid to go out now and have been working from home since. PLease help!!!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Are you back on the xanax,might help for now. So the lump is still there? Is it a feeling of a lump or is there actually a lump?
    • Posted

Lump is also related to all those who are anxious about something
    • Posted

HI lee, nope i quit as I get very bizar headache whenever it take it. No the lump is still here and pains a lot. But Whenever i have it, I know that I will arm weakness sad
    • Posted

Ok so from what you said,im assuming its a feeling of a lump in your throat,not something that you can feel with your hand..an actual mass?
    • Posted

Nope its like on my neck I can feel it,like a mass. but the MRi turned out nothing. It pains a lot and swells.
    • Posted

Oh,well didnt the doctors know what it was,they should know,maybe a cyst
  • Posted

Sometimes from stress a feeling of a lump in your throat can make your throat feel very tight and that definitely would sound like anxiety
    • Posted

Ive had that before
    • Posted

Oh, rilly? was it something related to stress or something else? I get really freak out when am having those panic attacks. recently I have develpped eye floaters as well and I think all these might be related
  • Posted

Go and get an anxiety diagnosis and move on from there.

Xanax are only short tern solutions speak to you doc about meds if that is the road you want to take.

Consider therapyredface

• Posted

I went to see a therapist but here they only prescribe medecins sad, there is no qualified person for panic attacks ..fed up sad
    • Posted

CBT which is therapy teaches you how to cope with anxiety/panic. I am going through it right now.

I dont know where you live but in the UK threapists dont prescribe drugs doctors and psychiatrists do for mental illnesses

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.