I need some help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi to you all

Any help please.

I have a problem, and dont know who to talk to.

My partner is 66 we dont live together, and her family live down south.

where do I start. 

She is starting to have memory problems,

She butts in all the time when people call around.

She does a lot of little silly things, without thinking about it.

Walks into things and espesialy people all the time.

Her driving is getting terible the last year or so, 3 or 4 near misses.

If I say anything to her about what just happend she gets nasty with me and stops talking to me.

She is now the type of person that if the doctor told her she had Alzheimers,

she would not beleave him.

Any advice.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry can't offer any advice but am sure someone will be along to help you xx
  • Posted

Hi Peter I dont rearly know what to say to you. but she must stop driving not only for her own safety. but for the safety of other people like little children.

she must discuss everything with her Doctor and take it from there. Fortunatly my wife dose not drive so dont have that problem. caring for someone with Alzheimers is very chalenging. I have done a lot of praying and crying over the last 5 years.I do hope everything works out okay for you both. God Bless jim 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Jim.

But that's part of the problem, In her mind she thinks she is a good driver.

If she dose anything wrong driving she usually says it's my fault.

She would not go to the Doctors, and if I could get her to go,

she would not accept there is anything wrong.

I'm walking on broken egg shells as they say. More like broken glass.

At times she puts out relationship on a knifes edge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.