I need some help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 29 year old male and since yesterday, I've been having sharp pain about 2 inches left of my belly button. This pain comes in waves about every 30 seconds. I went to doctor and she ran infection screening and ordered an ultrasound which in won't get the results of until 2 days from now. Other then the pain, I really don't have any other symptoms, although my shoulders feel a little warm for some reason. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have exactly this. Well it started like this 6 years ago, it's now worse and I get the stabbing pain in back, side and upper abdoman always on left side. Worse after alcohol. I've had most test possible over the years and all negative! Nothing ever shows in bloods and MRI and ct of pancreas fine! Docs just say it's ibs but I don't believe them! I'm still certain it's pancreas! Hope you find answers quicker than me!
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any other symptoms or weird bodily behavior? The pain has shifted to the right side of belly button now as well and I've been very gassy these last 24 hours.
    • Posted

Not really I get very anxious and have panic attacks when pain is bad. I wrote a post on here the other day titled 'do I believe docs' read that it has all my symptoms on it
    • Posted

Yea i just read it. I hope things work out for you. I'm just awaiting my results at this point. But from what I've read in the last few days, it might not even be conclusive. 
    • Posted

Upper left pains seem to rarely be diagnosed as anything according to my reaserch over last few years! I'm at the stage now I'd rather have a diagnosis good or bad than have friends/family thinking it's in my head! Good luck with your diagnosis.
    • Posted

Nothing found in scans. The stomach pains have since gone away. I just don't know why they happened at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.