I need some info

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I keep reading about rescue remedies? Can someone who has tried tell me if there are any side effects? Are they safe? I'm really considering buying one but I'm also scared.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there honey

What kind of rescue remedies? Do you mean herbal?

• Posted

You need to be careful about taking herbal meds if you are on meds from your GP.  Some don't blend well...as in StJohns Wort which one should not take alongside prescribed meds

Bachs Rescue Remedy is one I keep handy. I've had no problems with that.

• Posted

No no I'm not on meds! That's why I wanna try some herbal rescue remedy! I was thinking about Bach's as well. Thank you!

• Posted

Well I'm on meds ( sertraline 50mg ) but have, occasionaly used Bachs Rescue Remedy with no ill effects

Having said that, always thoroughly research anything before taking it.

Better safe than sorry

Helen smile

• Posted

Hi needhelp, before starting on sertaline I went for natural remedies.

I've got the Bach spray remedy from holland and Barrett and to be honest that helped me when I felt the anxiety coming on and the butterflies in my stomach, maybe a placebo but it helped me and is safe to use.

I also took magnesium as that is supposed to be calming vitamin d but vitamin b6 but the b6 made my anxiety worse.

I haven't taken either magnesium or vitamin d since starting the sertaline as I want to ask my dr first but I think it is ok to take together.

I also tired l-theanine with lemon balm and that too helped and was calming, it's an amino acid and again I've not taken it since starting the sertaline as I'm not sure about that one.

What were you thinking of trying?

• Posted

So it's safe and helpful! Cause I was thinking about Bach's as well! I'm currently taking vitamin C and D and it's about to finish so after 15 days I'll start taking magnesium and vitamin B3 (niacin) which is supposed to be really helpful with anxiety. Thank you!

• Posted

Yes safe if not taken any meds. Another good one is l-Theanine it was very calming for me and worked within half an hour to an hour. I also tried St. John's wort which I did think helped abit but my dr told me to come off it and go onto sertaline which I have done. Obviously don't take St. John's wort with meds. Good luck and hope they work whatever you try 

• Posted

Some rescue drops contain ethanol which is a solvent and can increase your heart rate.

• Posted

Hello Michelle

Aches and pains but otherwise okay.

Yes someone gave nme rescue drops and they made me ill with a fast heart rate.

Best to look up all the ingredients to make sure they are compatable with your medication and also the conditions u have.

Best to google these for yourself as herbal shops are there to make a profit lets face it.

?How did you get on last night/this am? Did u sleep okay? Are the children alright?What ages are they? Hope thta you don't mind my asking?

• Posted

Glad your feeling ok eileen31681. I had a bad night, had about 2/3hrs sleep anxiety was so bad, nightsweats felt terrible, it's obviously the side effects of the meds which is not good.

Kids are fine thank you. Came to my mums so they're happy. They are 10 and 5

• Posted

Hi again Michelle

Glad you got some sleep anyway.Night sweats are not pleasant but it is probably the drug just leaving your body, a sort of natural detox!!

It is good that you have the support of your mum .

I was just wondering if the drug had affected you in some way  and your hubby picked up on this? That is not to say that you are at  fault or to blame though!

Glad the children are okay. Nice ages as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.