I occasionally see white streaks in my arms up to my shoulders that look like a vein

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys!

I have been suffering from chestpain of unknown etiology for a few years now, and occasionally notice a white streak that runs up my tricep and wraps around my shoulder, leading into my body. Sometimes when I'm sitting or laying down, I'll notice I get this streak on both sides. (they are identically mirrored.) I'm assuming this is some variation of bad circulation, but I am a 25 year old healthy male. All bloodwork is normal, no markers, nothing.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Nah they're called the Cephalic veins, they're superficial / auxilary veins, if you do exercise, say pullups, they'll soon pump up smile
    • Posted

Hey Benny, sorry, I probably wasnt clear enough. The skin above my vein seems to turn white.
  • Posted

well, I have to say when I read your question I thought maybe your talking about vitiligo but when you said it looks like a vein I figured out what`s up. as the other friend said they are Cephalic veins. try to exercise more and use your arms (especially dancing. I think Michael Jackson dance can be a good choice for you because he used to use of his arms a lot while he was dancing!)cheesygrin and soon they`ll disappear!
    • Posted

Hi Hajar,

They look like they run up the same area as a vein would, but I'm not actually seeing a vein. I'm seeing a strain of white skin that runs up my arm and wraps around my shoulder blade. It will appear for minutes and then disappear.

• Posted

Here's a picture of it.. sorry if it's kind of tough to see. 
  • Posted

have you figured this out yet? does it itch? im pretty sure i have the same thing... i cant find out what it is

• Posted

hello! did you figure this out yet? i get the very same thing in my leg with certain positions and I assume it's veins temporarily emptying. idk if that's normal though. Maybe it's been there all the time and I have just noticed. it's weird.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.