I should start my medical treatment with esmya tablets, have anyone used it for the fibroids?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone. I  found out two months ago, I have several fibroids in my uterus, six precisely. the big one is 8x6 cm near to the uterus' cervice. I went to the private gynie, and she sujested a medical treatment with esmya and then go for the myoectomy. I don't know if it will be done laparoscopically or hysteroscopically. I am just worry that it wont' work. I also trying to loose wait, since I read that under 70 kl there is not so much risk they can come back and also to eat kind of food that avoid they grow. I am really scared, I am 30 and I did not have any baby yet, and I wish I can have one day a family.rolleyes

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I know it's a scary feeling, try not to worry too much, many ladies have had a myomectomy and have gone on to have children.

I am 58 and this is not a worry for me however! I have taken 3 courses of Esmya and it has worked for me, reducing the fibroids each time, but they grow back. It does have menopausal side effects, which may seem worrying, but it's only temporary and necessary to starve the fibroids of hormones. It doesn't work for everyone, but every bit it shrinks them makes the surgery easier.

i found it easier to take them at night, as there can be some dizziness/ tiredness too. And be aware they also take a while, maybe 6 weeks, to have an effect, calming the bleeding and shrinking the fibroids.

I wish you luck with the treatment.

• Posted

thank you Cristine, 

I was thinking to take it at night too.  I hope it will be fine... may I ask you what are the menopausal side effects??

• Posted

Hi, hot flushes are the main one for me, and I think several people report weight gain, maybe headaches. Probably moodiness, although for most of us our hormones are pretty mixed up anyway! It also stops your periods I believe.
  • Posted

Hi I took esmya recernty, was hard at frist reallt tired, bad headaces felt quite low but then it seemed to be ok. It did shrink the fibroid. I have ahd myomectmy in the past and it worked greast for me. I was lucky to fall pregnant as well after.

​I wasnt keen on esyma but glad I ddi it. but now waiting for what happens next! Im 44 so no more kids for me.

• Posted

is there a risk of no being pregnant? I noticed that many women don't tell about that. Since I started my esmya treatment, and now it is already 2 weeks, I feel much better but still worry that I can be infertile in the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.