I started with one medium sized wart on my left knee. I'...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I started with one medium sized wart on my left knee. I've had it for about 5 years now and it doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. About a year ago i knocked it off when i brushed it against a sharp plank of wood, it grew back almost a week after and so did another, a huge one about an inch away. I have got 2 warts now and they have started to spread . I used the bazuka gel but it didnt seem to make a difference, I visited the doctors and he perscibed me a salactic gel which I have just started using. They still dont show any signs of going sad I have also justb noticed i small one starting to grow on my finger. Im using Vaseline as a barrier cream but if anybody could email me a few suggestions to help Id be happy to read and take notice.

Jess xx

[i:d85b77d48a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d85b77d48a]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi May i suggest two things.

Firstly a treatment called Wartner available from chemists. It uses the freezing method to remove stubburn warts

Secondly using gaffer tape!

Apply a piece of gaffer/duct tape over the wart for 6 days, then remove it, wet the wart and use an emery board/pumice stone to gently rub it. Then leave it to air over night and start the process again.

Research has shown this to be actually more successful than Surgically freezing them!!!

Hope this helps

[i:a0dbfa5acd]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:a0dbfa5acd]

• Posted

I have huge verrucae on my big toe and my heel and taped them with duct tape. The problem I am having is that the tape keeps slipping and the glue keeps sticking to my shoes so I have to keep changing the tape. How do I stop the duct tape slipping?

I've been using the tape since Monday this week after an unsuccessful 8 weeks with banana skins & tea tree oil. (Not to mention all the over the counter stuff and the 10 months Cryotherapy!).

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

[i:289569da9a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:289569da9a]

• Posted

Hi. Back in my teens my hands were covered in warts and I tried the freezing treatment from my doctor which didnt work, I cant remember how I found out but I they dissapeared by soaking them in soapy water for 10 minutes every night then keeping them covered them with zinc oxide tape - the tape was very thick then, it seems very thin nowadays! anyway I think the trick is the soapy water softens them and the tape stiffles them, it worked for me anyway. Good luck.

[i:0f263c1e32]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0f263c1e32]

• Posted

Hi. Thanks for the advice. I've given up with the duct tape - it wouldn't stay stuck on my toe. I briefly tried the garlic slices but the smell was too much and I used to get all sorts of strange looks! Don't get me wrong I love garlic but not taped to my foot. I've been using Germolene New Skin for about a week now and I really think it is helping. The verrucae are not so painful and are beginning to look a bit better. I guess it works on the same principal of not letting the air in. I'll carry on with this method for now as it's very easy to maintain. Thanks again.

[i:a2e7f37d39]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:a2e7f37d39]

• Posted

Hi, when I was a young man I had a large ugly wart on my hand. I had had it for about  two years. My mother told me that your first spit in a morning is poisonous to warts. I tried it but kept forgetting. So I decided to spit on it every time it caught my eye. Within one week it was gone leaving no trace that it had ever been there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.