I still think I have Lymes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I posted about a month ago that I thought I may have caught lymes. I had, what my doctor called, an infected cyst on my back which went with antibiotics. I am waiting to see a rhuematologist. My doctor dismissed lymes when I mentioned it to him.

Since then I have not been feelin well and all my symptoms are similar to fibromyalgia and lymes. I have aching stiff neck and upper back, headaches, nausea, extreme fatigue at times, giddiness and balance problems, ears feel full and tickly. Itchy scslp and legs. Restless legs,muscle and joint pains, and more.

Is it too late to ask for a specific blood test for lymes and for antibiotics?

I had routine blood tests done and they were ok but they showed signs of inflammation. I had a neck and spine x ray and the neck x ray showed spondylitis, but I"ve had that for years.

I still think I may have lymes but my doctor thinks you only catch it abroad. Don't know what to do. Can't function properly anymore

Any advice welcome please.

Thankyou

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like Lyme. I think the typical rash of Lyme is not always the norm.

The problem is while you are waiting to be seen by rheumotolgy the disease is progressing into something that may be harder to get rid of. Further to this antibiotics early on can affect your test in a negative way and you may not produce any antibodies to the disease.

Definitely push for testing ask for the extended Lyme panel. A lot of us have been through the same issues at the start passed from pillar to post and end up going private long after the disease has progressed, do what you can to put this to bed now, it's not a disease you can afford to simply watch and wait.

Good luck

• Posted

I agree with Jo-Anne.

Sounds like Lyme to me. I had same symptoms plus a lot more. Supposedly had a Lyme test which was neg. So I was told.

When they removed the cyst did they test it for any bacteria or anything?

You can ask for a Lyme Disease test.

If positive they will  at least acknowledge it.

Meantime read all you can about it . (Avoid the scary stuff) They say Knowledge is Power. 

Three weeks  more antibiotic would be a start . (Have the test first)

If you only catch Lyme abroad then how come there are notices in Thetford Forest Norfolk  cautioning people against ticks and Lyme disease

It is in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, the South East, East Anglia and Scotland.

Recent vetinary study shows as many as 1 in 3 dogs have Lyme.(Dogs lick people.....) Dogs seeem more able to overcome it than humans unless their immune system is poor.

Lyme is on the increase so hopefully one day it will be more widely recognized.

• Posted

Juliannah,

Don't wait any longer. Get tested for Lyme and if negative get tested again in a month or two's time. 

Ask Dr for Doxycycline , take it for at least three weeks

Do the Horowitz test as mentioned. It is on line.

I came out high on the Horowitz test. Even though my GP test  for Lymecame out negative.

Does eating sweet things or carbohydrates, fruit etc make things worse? If so cut out all sugars, carbs, fruits except blueberries and lemons and see if anything changes.

This is a disease  from which, unless you have a good Lyme Dr near, you have to heal yourself as much as you can.

If recently bitten one needs antibiotic for three weeks within the first month or so for the best prognosis.

It has up and down periods. When you think you feel a bit better it then knocks you down again but you just get up and carry on.

Folk have healed themselves from disease from  the beginning of man by the useof plants and foodstuffs that help.

There are natural antibiotics. Check them out 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.