I suffering from extreme physical symptoms

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi.. I was diagnosed with health anxiety couple of months ago and since then I have been suffering from extreme anxiety and physical symptoms ... My physical symptoms that are consistent are light sensitivity and flashy vision, muscle pains, finger twitching, chest pains, chronic fatigue, shooting pains in head etc. I have been taking medicines from past 2 months (Desvesflaxine and Etizolam) and have also started with CBT. My parents are considering sending me to a retreat centre. Now I don't even understand when I will be fine and what I should do. There is no issue monetary wise though the people around me do not tend to understand me. Can someone please tell me what works/worked best in anxiety and how long does it take to cure? Also if the physical symptoms subside with time and are they completely curable? One more thing i wanna tell before this health anxity scene i used to get some weird thoughts as if i have hit someone from my car i used to check 100 times i used to go back to the place i drove through.. And then after one day when i was lying down my girlfriend told me that there is a bump in my head i got frightening and i thought its brain tumor or something like that and then after those thoughts got vanished(hiting someone from the car) i dont know how .. If i have ocd though my doctor didn't told me .. Health anxiety is houst my ocd as far as i have read on the google ... The medication is not working much .. I m going for the cbt also now ... Life was amazing 4 months ago i had everything anyone need's in life .. Will the physical symptoms subside ? I cant take this anymore rolleyes

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

99% of the people that have anxiety take medications. i took medications too, i took anti depressants, benzodiazepines, ssris, mood regulators and let me tell you one thing. those things made me have anxiety. going to a center will only make it worst cuz they will fill u up with even more deadlier medicines. guess what? i cured my anxiety. how? time healed after i stopped taking medications. it wont happen overnight. give yourself 6 months of time with no medications, and then youll be surprised how well you fell.
    • Posted

I'm sorry, but this isn't sound advice. I'm glad that it worked for you but it sounds like you were suffering from an isolated stress induced incident. As someone who has dealt with anxiety my whole life, I can tell you that time has only allowed my anxiety to progress. I wish I had have sought help sooner, instead of trying to deal with it myself. Ishan is doing the right thing by pursuing treatment.

• Posted

Believe it or not, meditation music or water wounds help me tremendously. I don't actually sit and mediate, although I should try that too, I just turn the music on my phone and listen while I do whatever I'm doing. I can't believe the difference it makes. When someone told me to try it is thought "yea right, how will that calm me?" But it did it helps me calm down and my physical symptoms subside. Try it. YouTube has a ton of relaxation music and nature/water/storm sounds. Also, sometimes it takes time finding the right medication for you. And if you have to take one, that's ok. Currently I only take Ativan as needed. I haven't moved to a daily med yet. I'm trying to see if I can manage without it.

• Posted

These symptoms are not physical symptoms...they are anxiety symptoms with perhaps OCD.  We here have all had same or similar symptoms. You are not alone.

It is likely that a qualified doctor would put you on meds, al least for awhile.When I finally got myself to urgent care...a total wreck, sure that I was having a stroke or a heart attack,(two most commom fears with anxiety) I was seen immediately by a doctor who, after talking to me and noting my frantic condition, immediately put my an anti anxiety med that to me, saved my sanity. After a dose increase and a few days I was able to think clearly enough to look for ways to help myself...which led me to this forum where I learned a great deal.

I have been resistant to any meds all my life. However, understanding more about anxiety, and experiencing the absolute hell of it, I realize I was foolish to tell anyone never to take medication.

Most of us on this forum started with meds to get our lives back, and many like me, are still on them. I was lucky to be put on the perfect med for me first try. Some have to try one or two others. We are all physiologically different.

As a counselor for over forty years, i surely know that all people are different...have different needs, reactions, tolerance to what they are dealing with. I was very careful to learn about who and what I was dealing with before I decided on a plan of action that would work best for them. I did not use terms like...no one should ever, or everyone should, It took me some time to learn to see each person as an absolute individual and to advise as appropriately as possible to that person.

What blesses one person could harm another, and vice verse. The doctor and or med prescribed for me may not be for another person. No one can predict how long meds take to work...we can only tell you our experience and what USUALLY happens.

Here you will get support from people who are, or have been where you are. We are glad you are here, and will help all we can. However, some of your questions need to be answered by a doctor...we can only advise you, tell our own stories and be here anytime you need us. It sounds like you really need to see a doctor. We can be of even more assistance if we know what your doc says, and how you feel about what he/she told you. Sending a huge hug, Ishan.

• Posted

Hello ishan , I myself never took the meds, I just fight through this on my own , I garuntee you its far from easy , because I'm still struggling , not as much as before but I still have a lot of anxiety symptoms and sensations happening to me , head sensations , sharp shooting head pains , headaches off and on , choking sensations, heavy chest pressure , leg numbness , burning head sensation like more near my scalp , amount other sensations I didn't mention . so you are not alone , its a lot better than it was a few months back , believe or not I can actually cope with it now a lot better than before

• Posted

ocd might need medication and if the meds you are using are not working you need to go back and discuss this with the doctor. Do they teach how to handle or manage  ocd at this retreat center. There are so many different ines.
  • Posted

So will these physical symptoms will subside or not ? My agrivated anxiety will come back to normal anxiety like before .. ? Now i know from my childhood i used to get chest pains shooting pains in fingers i used think its due to my sports activity or because of the habbit of smoking .. But now i came to know it was anxiety pre disposed symptoms now my question is will my agrivated chronic anxiety will come back to normal with once in a blue moon pains .. (Do answer it will be a great help)
    • Posted

Anxiety as I read it is never permanently cured like most things it can go in remission with therapy and meds. Do seek help I've let my anxiety go so long that it's severe now and I did try several meds some did nothing some made me worse. Right now I'm taking zoloft this is the 8th day I'm toughing out the side effects hoping for the benefits. One may not help you but keep trying til you find one that will because everyone deserves to have their quality of life. Anxiety is pure evil hang in there and best of luck to you

• Posted

What is this retreat your talking about?what do they do for this? Anxiety disorder/ocd issues play out differently for each person. It will depend on the treatment you recieve and your respose to it. Panic attacks is a mal function of your fight or flight respose. Shoots off adrenaline, cortisol and epineoherine thru system thats the rush of fear you feel. It is oddly your body trying to protect you from a terrible danger. Only there is no danger so you are stuck feeling all these effects of the chemicals that have run through your system. This fight or flight response is an inborn wiring you come into this world with and holds many gentic variables to it. Fear can also be taught by your enviornment and how your family handles and  copes with stress.When that is effected and goes awry you start to live in a over survivor mode basically. Sensory overload existence. There are many treatments available and many times they need to be mixed together to manage what is happening to you. It is complicated and involves a lot of the body and the mind so sometimes some treatments will involve medicines to turn off the body sensations or a therapy and learning skills and tools to self calm or all of them. Waiting for it to just go away wint really workout well. You have to learn to manage all this by getting proper treatment. Saying that does this retreat assess you as a whole person? Do they diagnose too? What is it? With the right treatment and mix it does improve and can even go away for spans of time. The problem is the mind remembers it and the body rememebers the feeling so its challenging throughout your life. You can still have a good life but you will need guidance and acceptance of this. 
  • Posted

Thank you for the reply lisa .. This retreat centre is a place where they have a treatment plan of 2-3 months in which i have to stay there through out with no touch to the out side world ... In which they will teach me about the condition , hardcore meditation , yoga , herbal massages , phycotherepy (cbt) , and they guarantee it that they have a huge success rate .. What should i do ? Should i go for the normal cbt in the hospital once in a week as it works or should i go to a retreat leaving everything beside .. (Do reply will be a great help) Thanks
    • Posted

Are they kind there to the people?do you know anyone who has gone? What is a hardcore medication? Are there medical doctors there aside from alternative doctors?what happens if you hate it can you leave? My biggest inquiry would be speaking with someone who has actually went. 
    • Posted

You need to know exactly what this retreat consists of and how it is ran. With an iron fist or loving arms..big difference. 
  • Posted

I am starting with the cbt first ... I forgot to tell one thing i amalso suffering from extreme over vigilamce of the body .. I feel each and every nerve of my body moving pulses n stuff like that ... If i get my self in a good schedule if i eat a good diet if i go for cbt also and i if i hit the gym and start doing yoga n stuff ... Ill continue this for like 6 months will my anxiety and my physical symptoms such as flashy lights , chronic fatigue , pains etc will improove ? (Do answer please )
    • Posted

Yes yes yes .. I have got each and every poosible kind of blood test done .. I forgot it ... Everything is fine .. I met 10 doctors they told me its nothing but anxiety .. But when will it improove 😞
    • Posted

Its is you. It will improve when you understand the science if it, what it is, why it happens and how to think clearly enough that you can dismantle the thoughts behind it. When you learn to recognize your bodys reactions and can catch the trigger so it doesnt go all chaotic. You sound like like you have a strong support system in place. This is helpful. you have a lot to learn here about yourself, ocd, gad, panic attacks  all of it every one of these. The knowledge will help you so when it is all occurring you can self talk and self calm properly. You will need to learn that your thoughts are not always pearls of truth and wisdom and do not have to be believe when they are negative or urge to have repetitve thoughts or actions. You will learn to teach yourself to accept,respond but NOT react to these thoughts. You will need to retrain/reprogram your brain,retrain your body on how it "feels" learning is vital and actions are vital. If you only wish it well and have no action to aid it be well its useless. So when will it improve? Thats up to you. It can be a lifeling battle,some people really respond very well and do retrain themselves, many dont. They fall into sabatoge and fears they dont challenege them they believe them and it gets worse. You have a lot to learn and a lot of work to do. Yoga is a great idea and breathing with your belly, exercise is imoortant to use up energy, good healthy eating is wise, cbt is usefull and maybe add in theraoy as well. Airing your thoughts and feeling and being keot motivated and proper guidance is very helpful. It will be a mix of things that help you to learn to manage this. Good luck and stay positive and focused on your healing.

• Posted

Thank you lisa it was a great help ... I hope one day i will get better .. Thanks for supporting and guiding me to the right path towards healing ... Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.