i sweat alot and i tried dry chlor and it make me no sweat for only 3 weeks.....what should i do ?

Posted , 9 users are following.

i want solution for excess sweating

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Molly,

The only thing I can think off the top of my head is Botulinum toxin injections, but I would doubt these would come under the NHS, because it is expensive. I have seen it used on people with excessive sweating, and its been shown on TV, but they never mention prices. I asked my Neurologist how much it actually costs on the market, and he said it is roughly £600 per bottle, and they are very small bottles. I would imagine it would be a very sore area afterwards, since it requires numerous injections to stop excessive sweating, I would assume it would also leave bruising.

I have 6 Botulinum toxin injections every 10 weeks, in my neck and shoulder, this is for muscular pain, cramp and spasms - my pain threshold is quite high but having BoTox injected in to a cramped muscle is very painful, it feels like being stung by 100 bees each time they put another injection in my neck or shoulder. I am not given ice-packs they just massage the areas where it is injected, because Botulinum toxin is quite a thick liquid on its own. The areas are quiet sore afterwards, and normally sting for a few hours.

How people can have Botulinum toxin for making themselves look younger is just ludacris, but they do have a less potent version than I have, and then they are given ice-packs to stop brusing from forming. They have it injected into their lips and below their eyes, so the muscles drop making themselves look younger.

I see Mrsmop has sent you the page on this site which would probably give you a few better ideas.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

i have heard about certain dry (antiperspirant) from many people and i think it will be good ....but i don't know from where can i get it

• Posted

Boots or any pharmacy sells antiperspirant, the only problem with it, is it leaves "white marks", you may find one that does not. but I'm not sure.

I use deodorant which does not leave "white marks", but is less powerful.

• Posted

Before you try Botox or any other invasive  ( and expensive ) therapy ,you should check out Iontophoresis  Therapy . It worked for me  .I use a Idromed 5PC iontophoresis machine ,its easy to use , the treatments are painlessand I have read  that it is successful for 98% of the patients - which means that it gets you dry !
    • Posted

so many here write about Botox and pills (robinol)  as a solution to the problem of excessive sweating .One is (very ) expensive the other has unwanted side effects . You all are forgetting one very important and very succesfull therapy. Iontophoresis therapy . In the long run much cheaper  than Botox, is pain free  and has no side effects.I got my excessive sweating under control -that  is i got dry -doing Ionto therapy with a Idromed Ionto machine , I paid for it  just once and I can stay dry for life with no side effects !
  • Posted

Robinol 3 to 4 per daily take 2 when you wake up third about an hour later and sometimes a fourth, everyone's bodies react differently to medication. This can be prescribed by your medical dr or dermatologist, shower at night and use certain dry deodorant before bed. Wake up and apply your usual deodorant....no sweat! Side effect is dry mouth, this goes away with time. Good luck
    • Posted

Agree with Rachel. Glycopyrrolate (Robinul) has changed my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.