I think I have Bacterial Vaginosis but I don't want to go to the clinic.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I dont have time to go to the sexual health clinic in my town as usually the minimum wait time is 2 hours as it is walk in only and i have 4 uni assessments this week so literally have no tim and I just want to get rid of this smell. I have read every article on the internet and im certain i have BV so I bought 'Canesbalance Bacterial Vaginosis Vaginal Gel,' which 'effectively relieves odour and discharge restoring your balance,' and that is exactly what I need. Do you think this is ok to use without seeing a nurse or having a prescription?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have never used this product but it's worth a try and if it doesn't work maybe you can see your pcp instead of the clinic.. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi

I really think it's worth trying to fit in a Dr's visit if you possibly can... I know it's not always easy but there is a remote chance it could be something more serious. However if you really can't, there is a self test that Canesten make called CANESTEST.. Which should tell you if it's BV or thrush ... I haven't used it myself so not sure what it's like. I'm not an expert by any means so please see a Dr if at all possible if only for your own peace of mind.

• Posted

I am the exact same as you , think I'm also scared to go for checks this is why I don't go I took the canestest which indicated green meaning I had a problem but which problem as it was like if it's blue its this if its green its that , ️️an the colour I got was a mixture so I wouldn't say it was accurate to pin point , so a Dr is needed really anyway I went on to use the gel for 7 nights and it worked I felt so made up it cured it but it wasn't long term soons I had sex it was back and still back now so it's either so it again which really is not recommended as it can cause problems or go gp which I plan to do , please if you do go drs update is thanks , is it possible you could have ️️an sti ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.