I think i have Bleph and it is killing me

Posted , 12 users are following.

Soreness in eyes. Im suffering here in america with no job or insurance. tried thera tears but not working. Tried hot water on a towel does not seem to work. I heard some things about castor oil might try that. I knowit could be dangerous but im desperate because this has ruined me. I shake at night and really work about damage to my eyes from corneal abrasions.  

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Try taking omega 3 fish oil capsules. I was advised 3 a day and they are fairly cheap. My doctor advised this. I am sorry you are going through this. I get very blurry vision. Almost like i have too much oil in my tear film. its causing me much anxiety. Also,sometimes very cool compresses help with irritation. Feel better soon. Xx
    • Posted

Hi, how much mg of fish oil are you raking? Mine says only one a day on bottle & is 300 mg. Also, do you take it 3x a day or all at once?

I have taken fish oil capsules in the past,but now that I need to take it for bleph, I am wanting to be more specific about my milligrams.

Thanks!

• Posted

My doctor advised me to take 2000 mg fish oil daily.
    • Posted

Hi i was told to take 3- 1000 mg of fish oil caplets a day.
  • Posted

I was prescribed Hydrocortisone acetate eye ointment 2x daily for a month,plus Systane Balance Lubricant eye drops,  The Hot water treatment is good but must be used with firm pressure massage of the lower eye lids.  I went to an eye clinic and was shown correctly how to massage my eyes and this has made a huge difference, if you don't massage correctly it is not useful at all.   I am also taking an antihistamine tablet daily as I'm not sure if my flair up was alergy related .   I will be using a non cortisone ointment next week at night, I know I will have to maintain the regeim to keep my eyes happy.  Wishing you comfort soon.

• Posted

Lower eye lids? Mine started in the upper & is mainly a problem of the upper eye lids & so Iunderstood to massage there? Did yours begin in the lower follicles?

• Posted

Carlos, everyone has their way of dealing with this, but please be careful what you put in your eyes. You may put some things around your eyes or along the rims of your eyelid, and it may or may not harm your sight, but we all should be very creful what we put IN our eyes especially
  • Posted

Hi carlos58217

Try manuka honey and find out what it can do for many things ans even for bleph.

Good luck

Marina

• Posted

Carlos, I too have had intermittent blepharitis with dry eye syndrome for a couple of years now. Since I am a nurse, I have an opthalmologist that I really trust. He has given me the routine described on most websites (heat, massage, and scrubs) twice a day. I am using an eye/face cleansing solution he recommended (here in the USA), but you can use a couple drops of baby soap diluted in water..... would NOT use castor oil! My MD said to give it about one month to see any improvement. I would suggest a couple of things: 1) get a bunch of cheap wash cloths so you can use a new clean one each day (and maybe one for each eye so you don't accidentally "share" bacteria between them!), 2) establish a routine and keep to it each day,

and 3) give it enough time to see a difference. It doesn't go away, but if you can get it to improve, then keep it under control with daily eye hygiene. Also don't rub or stick your fingers in your eyes.....if you fool with them (because I know they itch!), the skin can release histamine which causes them to itch more! Try a compress instead. Be patient and good luck.

• Posted

Hi Deborah

What is the eye cleansing solution your opthhal friend recommended?

My opthhal told me to do baby shampoo. Was doing that for two weeks. No result.

Then I stepped up to the Ocusoft Plus Lid Scrub. In my second week. Still have symptoms.

It's so frustrating.

Ppl keep saying it's a flare up? How long does this flare last?

I mean, I will keep up with all the lid hygiene and so forth but let's see it work first. That would encourage me.

It seems as if my life changed overnight at the beginning of July. Really taking a toll on me.

• Posted

Ive had it plus sporadic blurry vision since March
    • Posted

It's awful. I mean, it's not life threatening but I'd love to not have to think about my eyes again. For 50 years I took them for granted. They just worked. I wore contacts, glasses, sure...but they weren't red and stinging all day.

• Posted

It is taking a toll on me too.....I bought eye scrub, baby shampoo, many different eye drops and I have a prescription of Restasis for my dry eyes..Nothing works.  My eyes itch, water constantly, are red, sometimes  my lids are all puffy and everything is all blurry....Even the sun bothers my eyes now...My life has changed too, Gavinium...I am looking for something or someone who can give me relief of this....I am a woman, so I refuse to go to work and out in public without eye-make up which only makes it worse. And watching TV or being on the computer, like now, also makes it worse.....
    • Posted

Do you still wear makeup? I've given up both contact lenses and makeup?

Not happy about it but I thought I would heal better if I gave my eyes a break from them

• Posted

I know my vision chanes minute to minute as my tear film changes about every time i blink. I am consumed by it. I do plan on trying Doxyciline after my sons wedding is over. I have to try stuff,so far ive just done compresses,cleaning and omega 3s. Time to go up the ladder for me. I do take an anxiety med and i still have anxiety.
    • Posted

I was wearing powdered foundation etc yesterday the only eye makeup was coverup under ny eyes. I must have gotton some powder in my eyes while applying,my eyes were irritated. I have to find more creamed based foundation,blush etc. Also withought eyeliner my eyes look like peas lol,have to find an all natural or very hyperalergenic liner or shadow to use instead of liner and only above lash line. Ive worn make up since16. This isnt me. Ive been so frustrated i eat comfort food and i will sip some wine to give my mental state a break although i know dry eyes are agrivated by alcohol,i still need some normalcy. In general,i dont wear eye makep and at home i wear no make up. Sunglasses can hide the eye make up missing and help with the vision issues. Xx
    • Posted

I still don't understand why the Drs say that this is a common condition. No one I know has it. No one I know has ever even heard of it. Until I mentioned it.

• Posted

Well,they see alot of patients that have it. What irritates the h out if me as how for things like dry eye and this they are so clueless in regards to new treatments etc. If they actually offered whats out there,we would probably all be a whole heck of alot better!
    • Posted

So true!!!

The fact that my opthhal compared it to "dandruff" with a "simple home remedy" bothers me to no end.

I believed her. Until I got home, tried the "remedy" of baby shampoo and wasn't getting results. I called the office and they told me, "well, you can come back into see the doctor but she's only going to tell you to do the baby shampoo again...."

😳

• Posted

So I'm seeing another opthalm on 8/25

Loaded with questions

• Posted

O m g time for a different doctor. Remember to get checked for the mgd/dry eye. They seem to go together with Bleph. Took 3 apts for me to find out.
    • Posted

Sorry didn't see this earlier. The solution is called Tea Tree Foaming Facial Cleaner in a line of products called Tranquileyes. I think my MD was just trying this because I was so miserable; not sure there's much evidence on any effective treatments to be honest. But this actually helped over about 3 weeks (warm compresses and scrubs w/this 2 x a day), but I've had a flare-up and am going back to the MD This week. I seem to see a connection between weeding in my garden and flare-ups! (No more weeding!).

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as users can easily find the information using a search engine rather than linking to a specific website. If users want the specific link use the Private Message service to exchange.

• Posted

Exactly, I have a severe case.  I never see other people with this condition.  I can't where any makeup it would be impossible.  My job is with the public and it looks terrible, no one asks because they assume I have been crying,  it affects my social life because of the unsightly appearance and how uncomfortable I feel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.