I think my endometriosis is back but doubting myself so need advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was 15 yrs old when first diagnosed with endo now I'm 32. I have had over 10 laparoscopies. Last time I thought it was back but they operated and it wasn't endo but lots of scar tissue.

I think it's back again but now I doubt myself. My lower tummy is bloated. I'm peeing more often. My psoas muscle is irritated. My bowels are a bit irregular but nothing excessive. Constant dull ache in lower tummy. So tired I almost can't function. But...my tummy isnt tender to touch (push on). I can't find online if endometriosis always has tenderness on the tummy to touch or if it can be endo without that.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, you can have endo without having your abdomen hurt when pressed upon - ditto for problems with scar tissue.
  • Posted

Even though you doubt yourself, you should keep track of these symptoms and go have that long, familiar conversation with your doctor.  It may be your Endo.  Or it may be scar tissue.  Or it may be both.

I doubted myself, but went in to have that talk anyway and opting for my 2nd surgery in 2 years.  Turns out it was Endo in my old famliar places, as well as a few new locations.  And an ovary had a cyst that was hemorraging and wasn't visible on ultrasounds.  And that same ovary wasn't visible because it was stuck behind my uterus, thanks to scarring.  And I had scar tissue all over.

It's unfortunate, but sometimes is all we can do for relief. 

It can be painful, or it can have NO pain when you push on it.  Its' all...individual and crazy...but just start with that convo with your doc... 

Good luck, hun.

• Posted

Thank you for your message. I'm going to see the doc in the new year. I feel much happier about it now that I've read the replies.

Fingers crossed.

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.