I too am addicted to Co-codamol

Posted , 2 users are following.

As the title suggests, bloody co-codamol 30/500's have had a grip on me for over 10 yrs...

Arthritis in my spine, which led to two surgeries & now loads of titanium, which I am allergic to but cannot be removed because of the whole not being able to walk if it were situation, which is nice. However, I digress, now as it was discovered that I was allergic to the titanium & this was the cause of the most pain I was put on Oxycontin & Oxynorm, maximum doses of both, still not enough so 600mg daily of a drug I now can't remember the name of but it was for my spinal nervous system & is used to treat epilepsy, suffice to say that the amount of medication, all prescribed of course, washed down with 14 co-codamol daily made me a zombie, gave me severe headaches too so had medication for that also which made me over 5stone larger. Nearly 8 yrs like that! Until a new GP took over my practice, she has helped me more than I can ever be grateful for, resisted her at first obviously, but she never gave up on me, never. I am now off everything, my weight loss was extraordinary as a result, which was making my back bad, in a loop as it were. My point is this, anyone can become addicted, anyone, (I should have known better due to my profession,) but there are people out there who can help, who want to help & I promise you that they will never ever judge you, please believe that.

It doesn't matter your business or professional status, seek help, there is no need to do this alone.

This has been hard to write but if it helps at least one person then it was worth it. Good luck xx

4 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well done.

Codeine and other opiates should be banned.

• Posted

Thank you, and I think you are right, especially when there are other less addictive drugs abound, a lot of it has to do with costs, wrongly obviously...

Really appreciate your feedback!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.