I took myself off celexa 20mg about a month and a half ago. I could not concentrate,forgot everythin

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had been on it for about 4 years but in the last year my headaches had gotten horrible , i would forget everything and have this burning sensation on my skin so in this last year i decided to take the 10mg dose but in the last month i took myself off but in the last couple of weeks the anxiety attacks and depression had become serious..so i went back to doctor and started seeing a therapist but doctor told me to take prozac now but i dont like the feeling of my head having nonstop racing thoughts  that have no purpose, insomnia , restlessness , anxiety//and ive only taken it for 4 days ...im not taking it anymore the feeling is awful..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello there , obviously I don't know your full history but I can only go by my experience , personally I wouldn't take Prozac again , I was on it a month and I thought I was cracking up and was off work for 3 weeks with Flu like symptoms , I was like a zombie , so rightly or wrongly came off them 'cold turkey ' went bk to Docs a few days later where I had a massive lecture but I didn't care as I was feeling better even with withdrawals . I was then prescribed Sertraline and if you read the reviews on this site it is very positive , feel only after a week much better . Like I said I'm no Doc but can only give you my personal experience . Hope this helps , take care x
    • Posted

Hi are you now taking sertraline? How are you doing on it? I tried like one pill of it and had neck pains and leg pains. I don't feel like the Prozac is working though rolleyes
    • Posted

Much better , still getting the odd panic attack but overall feel fit and well after being struck with the Flu/ Prozac effects . I've joined a yoga class also . Hope things work out positive also
    • Posted

Thank you so much I was wondering why my throat also hurted so much and felt so run down and like a  zombie with no emotions..I'm so done with that pill..I am going to just keep myself busy and exercise and pray..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.