i use lorazepam for 4 years now i take around 20-24 mg per day what i should do/

Posted , 4 users are following.

i use lorazepam 2mg  each tablet i take aroud now 20mg-24mg per day

imnot feeling nothing i just feel quiet when i take that medicine anyone can tell me what can i do to stop it

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi.

id suggest asking your GP to switch over to diazepam and then start tapering off that.

good luck.

• Posted

oh my god my gp he died from overdoses i think.

you kknow also i mix codeine pills solpadeine i drin around 6 tablets per day plus lorapzepam 2mg  10 tablets so i feel quiet and stress going but i dont know if i make problems to my liver

• Posted

Hi Nicos You may be causing liver damage.Only a doctor can say yes or no.Codeine. Is usually used for severe pain.! What will you use or doc or hospital use if you are seriously ill because the codeine WONT WORK! 
  • Posted

First the recommended dose is 2 mg for a max of 30 days. When i was upped to 8 mg ,i was blacking out,never go on more than 4 mg ,and stopping it requires a dr ordered switch to valium and a year long tapper off the valium
    • Posted

we are not talking for recommended doses here we talking about my situation and if he is any doctor or someone can give me an advice not to drive me to death  
    • Posted

you need to get a doctor to put you on a swap to valium (diazipam) then you will need to tapper and reduce off them, they are easyer to come off than lorozipan.

but you need to tell your foctor you want to come off them and ask about swappi g over to valium to do it.

• Posted

Are you serious,4 mg is what the hospital told me was maximum safe dose. I was on 8 mg daily and suffered blackouts ,now lost the use of my left arm and hand from shattered bones and severed nerves from falling. I was taken off in 4 days 26 months ago and the suffering is unimaginable. 2-4 mg for one month is the recommended dose.!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.