I've become more depressed thelse last 2months

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking 150mg off sertraline my doctor recently increased my dose to 200mg I'm experiencing many side effects.. feeling lost in my own world want to be alone can't stick any noise and feeling numb like no feeling at all in my head has anyone experiencedo this plz

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Maria

Give the additional dose time to work, your numbness is generally caused by Anxiety

BOB

• Posted

I no new Meds normally make you feel worse before they make you feel better.. just that this anxiety seems to be running my life and when my mind has been working over time for some long and now it's blank and numb it's a strange feeling

• Posted

Maria

Yes I understand and relate to your above post, my condition now is not just depression I suffer a Short term memory defect so I am really knocking with this memory blank feeling I suffer from. My Wife watches me and when She is talking to me I sometimes do not listen to what She is saying. I was checked for Dementia several months ago and given a clear bill of health. I will be going back through the five weeks of tests again in several weeks.

Medications all have problems and we need to make informed choices of our own when taking strong medications

BOB

• Posted

I know it's tough and sometimes side effects are scary. I've wanted to be alone many times on my medicine. I'm working on finding a new one that works for me, so trial and error is important after giving medicine a good try, maybe 2-3 months at least.

Because my anxiety makes me paranoid I always check with my doctor, but I learned a lot of times you unfortunately need to wait it out. It took about 2-3 months for major side effects to wear off from my anti depressant. I still hear ringing in my ears every now and then and if I'm relaxed I have small muscle spasms where my leg or arm will jerk a little. 

My advice: just stick with it! Check with your doctor to be sure they aren't dangerous side effects but most often it just takes time to wear off. 

• Posted

It's hard to stick with it the anxiety is over ruling my life at the moment.. everything seems a blur an such a blank feeling inside seems strange when your mind has been working over time for so long I'm awaiting a mental health appointment the GPS only referred me the other day.. so who no'such how long it will take thank you for your reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.