I've been concerned about lymphoma for two years.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello- I'm 20 year old female and I have this scare for a very long time. I have three shotty nodes in my neck and one behind my year but my main concern is one under my armpit that has been there for three years it is moveable and squishy and about the size of a kidney bean- my doctor felt it and doesn't seem worried but recently  I have been scared because I have had about five occurrences of night sweats- where I have needed to change my pyjama top. Two time was when I was sleeping on a leather sofa, another was when I was wearing new pyjamas and the top was a cotton material and the other couple of times I can't think if any possible causes.and recently I have woken up with ridiculously itchy legs and today my whole body itches and I have rash in my arms- I don't know whether it's  the colder weather making my skin dry but I am really soconcerned. I have convinced myself that I have lymphoma and I don't know what to do. I have had blood tests which are always fine but all of these symptoms are starting to really scare me and I'm panicking. Especially as I have had this lump under my armpit so long and it hasn't gone. I am slim and my doctor said it probably is just palpable. Please she'd some light and reassure me as I'm losing my mind 😔😔😔😔😔

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The first thing to do is calm down and stop panicking. What you need to do is to go to your doctor and calmly tell him that you are extremely worried about these lumps and that you want to be referred to someone to do further investigations. Be assertive but be calm and polite. If he refuses seek a second opinion. Whatever the cause of your problem you need it to be investigated to put your mind at rest. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hey there 

stop paniking cos its a big reason for making the symptoms worst

second I'm the same case i have two palpable lymph nodes behind my ear they r there forever and they become worst only when im exposed to cold. 

Why would you have lymphoma ? only from a couple swollen lymph nodes?

my lymph node once grew to up to 10 cm and it was just an infection 

Head to a consultant explain your concerns answer his questions and you'll be fine 

and if there's anything worrisom your physician shall say so

get well soon

• Posted

Hi  MLHX. The night sweats make it sound like you may have Polycythemia Vera, but there may be other reasons.Ask your doctor if your red blood count is high. If it is, then he shd send you to a haematologist, who would be able to properly diagnose youLots of luck and prayers,

harrishill

• Posted

I think you are just getting scared and understandably so. I think the more you do not worry the better. F.E.A.R is just false evidence appearing real. I had some lymphynodes on my tummy and below my ears but someone advvised me to take a few suitable nutrients and to be honest they are gone. I was not scared because I had such conviction that it will come to pass. I was scheduled to have RT but when they saw what had happened hey just advised me to keep doing what I am doing, no fear, eat healthy. I have lterally gone orgainic. I am just sharing whats working for me, had lympoma cancer. I am grateful to the person who had a chat with me. Trusting the puzzle will be solved soon

Lots of love sent your way

• Posted

If this lump under your armpit is causing you such psychological distress, I would go back to my doctor and insist that it be taken out, or at least a biopsy done. The same thing happened to me, [I live in Australia], and mine was there for a whole year before it was finally biopsied.  It turned out to be a tumour, and I had to have it re-excised because the margins weren't properly removed the first time.  Very worrying and unpleasant experience.  So, go and tell your doctor you need this done for your mental health.  If she won't do it, go somewhere else. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi. Have you been back to your doctor yet? Please keep us all updated so we can support you. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.