I've been dealing with head pressure, hope someone can help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, so I've been having pressure in my head since April. Everyday I deal with it, its not an on and off thing, the pressure is there 24/7 and my eyes feel heavy, like if there's pressure too, dry or something. I'll try my best to explain, but I haven't been fully happy or able to enjoy things because of this. It all started back in April when my jaw locked and I had severe pain in my jaw, then I started having horrible headaches for a month like everyday that I even went to the hospital and they found nothing. All that has pain and headaches went away, the head pressure began and it hasnt gone away. Sometimes I feel the pressure in between nose forehead area. But my eyes feel tired all the time like dry, I sometimes feel my brain pounding. Idk what it is, its makes me depressed at times, can anyone relate? Any ideas, what should I do?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yea, have pressure around the brain problems myself. Mine is as a result of my having had brain surgery in 2012. What I have is called hydrocephalus (according to my surgeon, it's only low level?!). It hurts like hell, the only med that seems to relieve it, at all, is ibuprofen. I stumbled upon a way to ease the pressure, by accident/out of desperation, in a seated position, I lean forward till my face points towards the floor, then I swivel my head backwards and forwards, fairly quickly, it seems to redistribute the pressure, this invariably stops, or at least reduces my pain.

• Posted

Did you ever feel your eyes heavy,dry, a lot of pressure in them like everyday? N pain in your left side of bottom head ???
  • Posted

I forgot to mention that I find that using a (prescribed) steroidal nasal spray, used twice a day, helps to reduce the very worst of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.