I've been dizzy for the past year..desperate for help

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have been dizzy for a few years, but the past 4 months have been intolerable. I am dizzy 24/7 especially when moving my head even slightly or walking. I feel like the ground is moving when i walk. I live in the NYC area and have had every cardiac test available, also MRI, MRA, and CT scan of my brain and everything was negative. I'm a 41 years old male, have worked out my whole life and eat well.I would appreciate any help i could get. Besides a cardiologist and neurologist i have also seen a ENT doctor. Looking foward to some thoughts.. Thanks

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Moving ur head could be BPPV have u looked Into that?
    • Posted

Hi Meloody, my neurologist doesn't think it's BBPV.. He

is stumped at this point.

• Posted

What type of dizziness do you experience.  Do you feel like you or the room are spinning, do you feel like you have imbalance or disequlibrium, or a light headedness type of dizziness.  Is your dizziness fairly constant or do you have dizzy eppisodes?  If you have eppisodes, how long do they last?
    • Posted

Hi Tony,

I am curious if you have any other symptoms other than the imbalance.  Since you do not have spinning dizziness/vertigo, that rules out several conditions.  Do you happen to have any hearing related symtpoms, vission related symptoms? 

-Feeling of fullness in the ear

-Hear heartbeat or other body sounds like voice etc.

-Ringing in hear

-Blurry vision

-Anxiety

There is a condition worth looking into, it is a rare condition but does cause cronic imbalance that is pretty constant called Superior Canal Dehiscence.  I happen to have this condition and I don't think it would be caught by the tests that you have listed.  It would be good to read up on this. If you think this might be a fit and want to talk more, let me know.  I am interested to hear about any of your other symptoms.

• Posted

A large amount of the tests I had done came out unreliable. I was told it's cause my right eye had a slight bounce to it and the computer picks up on it during tracking of eye movement tests. I was not happy as the test was very expensive to be mostly useless. Lol

• Posted

I also have pain on the top of my head, blurry vision, and pain in the front and back of my neck.
  • Posted

Same here Tony. I live in upstate NY. Go to neuro in a week. Been dealing with it for 10 years. But it jumped me hard 2 months ago and won't let up. They suspect menieres now.

• Posted

Can you inform me exactly how the ENT doctor examined you, and what tests may have been done with him.  Also, what the ENT doctor thinks you have.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiology

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Hi Tony,

I am also in NY and have been the same way for 6 yrs. I am seeing a Dr. Starkman, he specilizes in migraines and is a Neurologist. It could be a vestibular Migraine that is your issue. Also another weird thought but I saw a forum where people still had their wisdom teeth and had the same issues untill they were pulled, so if you still have yours it may be worth looking into. I am trying COQ10 and magnesium because I was told on another website that this worked for somebody. If you are taking meds for blood pressure or high chlosterol that will be zapping your COQ10 and you need to get it back in you

• Posted

Make an appointment with an Otologist or Neurotologist.  The ENT's aren't equipped to diagnose these problems.  It's only when I went to an Otologist that I got my diagnosis of vestbiular neuritis. 

• Posted

Hi tony . It the same here for the last 3 month  .i am dizzy for over one year .headeack and dizzynest is a every day ting .Off work (city bus driver) 55 male Canada.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.