I've been given deptran for anxiety and depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have been given deptran 10mg for anxiety and depression has anyone tried this medication before. I'm scared to try new meds

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christina I can personally relate to how you feel I was anxious also about taking medication you should go to your gp and talk it over with him be honest about what you are worried about that's the best advice I can give you as I am not a professional I can ell you how to deal with my anxiety and maybe this could help you you may not feel like doing it all in one go do it in small steps if you have t exercise regular around 30 min a day at least go out to the gym if you can if not get exercise program you can find them on youtube or get a dd weights if u wanted to aswell go jogging if you can't do that save up and buy a treadmill for walks if you feel up to it if you have any countryside or fields I find that relaxing if you can't do that go outside in your back garden get fresh air eat good healthy food plenty of fruit talk to family members and friends about the things that make u feel anxious and your worries don't keep them bottled in listen to uplifting music.i hope if you have not tried these things already that these things help you. going through depression isn't easy but you can over come this I hope evry think works out well christina all the best shaun
    • Posted

Hi Sean I think you are right.im giving the antidepressants a miss at the moment. Im sick of medication so I'm going to try life without out..im just trying to train my brain to be positive as im sick of all the negative thoughts.ive heard cbt treatment is good so I've downloaded some apps on my phone.i was on aropax for 16 years and I'm now a month of them.going through bad withdrawals still so really don't want to go back on antidepressants
    • Posted

They are some very good ideas christina if you try all these things and they don't work a then you defo should go back to your doctor and say to him what's worrying you about the medication I'm sure they will be able to help you remember talk about your problems with others if you feel you can't and would find it easier to talk to someone like me then I'm always here and if you don't want to talk about your problems through the forum I could send you my email I hope you feel better soon christina you deserve to be happy all the best shaun
    • Posted

Hi Shaun,yeah my mind is a bit up in the air at the moment. One minute I'm thinking stuff it just go back on antidepressants.. Then the next minute I'm like no way can't handle all the dangers and side effects of antidepressants. It's such a hard decision. Because with depression one minute your feeling so sad and low that you just can't handle it.then when I have a ok day I'm like nope bugger antidepressants lol.so honestly I don't know what im doing.just wish I could feel normal.as far as the withdrawls my doctor gave me tablets for the nausea,because Omg I've never felt so dam sick in my life
  • Posted

Also for the withdrawal symptoms you can get somthink from your doctor to relieve the withdrawal symptoms if they are realy bad
  • Posted

I totally understand where you are coming from christina I went through exactly the same dilemma have you done any exercise today the best way to fight your mind is to stay active as mu h as possible you need fresh air that is a must you I no its not easy but you have to push yourself if you want to get better if your bad days are unbearable I would suggest going back to your doctor and speak to him maybe you can come to some middle ground Maybe some lighter tablets with less side effects. If you feel conftable telling me what bothers you on your bad days what thoughts come into your head because it's good to talk about things an not keep them bottled in if you don't feel comfortable then maybe talk to a close friend or family member your not alone there's help available people care I care together with help you can overcome this hurdle in your life an become a stronger person through it write back christina shaun

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.