I've been in pain for 2 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

have bad lower leg pain  and arms  and hands have 5 doctors cant find out what it is  on lyrica  400 mla  a day and perc4 times day  ben out of work  it hurts to tipe this dont no wht to do any one out here have anything like this 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I suffer from the same symptoms and I take 300mg of Pregablin/Lyria twice a day. The night dose knocks me out so sleep pain free but wake up with a banging headache and pain. I'm not great during the day with the side effets but it's better then I was. I just do what I can and don't worry about the rest. try to keep active and keep pushing with the drs
    • Posted

did you find out what it is still look got my next mri today
    • Posted

It's called peripheral neuropathy. It's caused because I have been living with it for over 20yrs. The mediation I take doesn't help either but that is working for the HIV so better to treat the symptoms. The pregablin works to an extent but I suffer from a lot of side effects and I'm waiting for a prescription for lidocane patches which hopefully will help with some of the worst pain which is in my feet and knees. I take over the counter pain killers for the headaches and other pain which doesn't help that much but I don't want to take anything stronger as I get drowsy enough on what I'm taking now. I've had an mri scan and there was nothing unsual, just general wear and tear. I think it's something I'm going to have to live with, they have told me the medication is going to be trial and error until they find something that works. I would like to get off the painkillers. I'm not taking anywhere near the recommended dose but taking them everyday isn't going to help me in the long run. It's a horrible thing to have, no one can see your pain. I hope you get some answers from the mri. Have they said what maybe causing your pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.