I've been on Escitalopram for 3 week and still not feeling good.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,  i started Escitalopram 3 weeks ago. Started on 5mg, had the usual side effects nausua, headache, dizzines, and my stomach was contracting and i was just plain feeling weird. Went up to 10mg after a week. Side effects got realy bad, they were all realy intense. I had a bad panic attack on day 5 on the 10 mg. Called my Dr. she said to go back down to 5mg. Did that for another week, felt like i needed more as my anxiety was geeting worse. Went up to 7.5mg about a week ago. Had another bad panic attack today and still don't fell 100%. Not sure if i should stay on this medicine anymore. Getting tired of feeling unwell. I would appreicate any suggestions. My Dr. keeps on telling i have bad thses problems before with my GAD. Thaanks!!sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi There,

All I can say is it can take from six to eight weeks for this medicine to start working, perhaps it is worth trying to hang on till then. If still no joy, try going back to Dr.

I know its tough and wish you all the best, I had gut aches, nausea and feeling weird when I started, but I was switching from paroxetine which I had been on for 24 years so it was hard to know which was the culprit.

Know you are not alone with this, best wishes and good luck.

• Posted

Hi,

I really appreciate your response! I am going to give it some more time. It can be really frustrating and overwhelming to know if you are making the right choice. Thanks again!

• Posted

Hi! Just wondering how you are making out with your escitalopram? I am at 3xweks now and still havin side effects. Hate the feelings so am contemplating weaning off . I am on 10 MG and will decrease by 2.5 over the next 2 weeks...decreasing every 5 days or so.
    • Posted

Hi! I am do i dare say feeling a little better. I went up to 10mg over a week ago. I was on 7.5mg and still feeling really bad. My Dr. said to go up to the 10mg because i was getting all the side effects, but not on a therapeutic dose. I'm still not 100% and still have some side effects and bad days. I am enjoying the times when a feel a little better. It's gonna be a long tough slow road. Have you seen your Dr. recently? I would maybe try to give it more time and maybe you need to up the dose a little. I know how frustrating it is. Thanks for checking on me. Let me now what you are going to do. Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.