I've been prescribed Indapamide 2.5mg for high blood pressure, sometimes 170

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am diagnosed as having Diabetes type two, controlled with Gliclazide, 80mg daily and was diagnoswed with cirosis of the liver about 3 months ago. The Package information says don't take them if you have severe liver disease and warnings if you have diabetes. Checked with Doctor who says its OK. A buit confused by this.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Doctor said what? It's OK to take both at same time? 

Pressed him about the information on package ? 

• Posted

I'd be confused too, Geoff. Speak to the pharmacist- they are more experienced in the way of drugs than doctors.

• Posted

I did, pharmasist suggested I get back to Doctor who told me it was OK, through receptionist.
    • Posted

I did, but only through receptio9nist, who contacted me asfter talking to Doctor, saying it was OK.

• Posted

Don't go through receptionist but speak to a good pharmacist yourself about your concerns - find another pharmacist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.