I've been under constant anxiety that I have cancer...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had a lot of weird symptoms happen to me over the past 2 months. Starting with daily headaches that eventually became less frequent with chiropractic care, random days with weakness in my arms and legs, random days with on and off tingling in my hands and feet, and now some back pain. (I believe I pulled a muscle in my back at the gym but my healthy anxiety is also making me think I could have a spinal tumor). I have been to the ER twice over this span and my doctor. ER was not at all concerned either time. My doctor said no need to run anymore tests because she could tell from my basic neurological exam that I was fine. Said all my symptoms were anxiety related. 

Anyone with anxiety experience these symptoms? And always think you have something serious like cancer?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms are not typical of cancer symptoms. They are very common with anxiety.  I have had all those and still do sometimes. In fact they began in my twenties  and I'm in my 50s now.  I'm still here!!    when they first began I thought I have a terrible disease but I never did.  I learned how to manage my anxiety by staying very active, exercising, eating healthy foods, socializing and meditating. Another thing that really helped was speaking with a counselor. They see this every day and can really help  you manage this. Anxiety is hard to overcome on our own .  

if your doctor isn't concerned then it's time to start learning how to manage this. 

don't do what I did and waste years of your life worrying. I really regret that now. 

you can go online and googl for free meditative Audios  that are excellent. You can find them on YouTube also. Find the ones that deal with negative thinking and anxiety 

• Posted

All the symptoms you describe are physical symproms of anxiety.

These will subside once you get calmer .

It is typical of health anxiety to convince your self that you have something sinister.

Been there myself. You need to get some anxiety relief either by seeing your GP for support which may involve therapy or if your comfortable with it , medication to help you break the cycle you have got in.

There are lots of self help things you can do to.

Have a look on you tube for relaxation videos on anxiety and try working with these.

Good luck and stay positive... Anxiety can not harm you xx

• Posted

Hi there I have the same symptoms of mild headaches and tingling in my hands and feet and feared I might have a brain tumour but all anxiety related I have suffered from anxiety for a few years now and I am totally convinced there is something wrong with me I know there's not but just cant help it. Don't worry you will be ok it is just serious case of anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.