I've convinced myself i have ovarian cancer :(

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

i did a prevrious post but i cant stop telling myself i cave ovarian cancer :-/

I have intermitant pain (its mostly there) in my groin/pelvic area and my lower back, im feeling more than usual and i get full easier.

ive seen my doctor and shes referred me for a scan but i could take about 6 week (will prob be after xmas now :-( )

im freaking out that i have it.......what else could this be?

i have no bleeding. fever and genually feel ok'ish.

any ideas? help? reassurance? 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

peeing not feeling**
  • Posted

Hiya

Sorry to hear you have got yourself worked up.

All these symptoms you have can just be general symptoms of ovarian cysts, they are very similar to ovarian cancer.

I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts due to being bloated, getting full quickly, weeing more often and general discomfort (I looked about 5 months pregnant). After initial scan etc they found a huge cyst in one ovary and a cluster in my other ovary. Still, at this point, their only concern was ovarian cysts (with all the symptoms that sound like yours). They only considered ovarian cancer when my CA125 blood test levels were through the roof, and then when they operated they confirmed. They originally were not considering cancer as I was only 22.

So try not to worry, it could be any number of things :-) ovarian cancer is also much more common in post menopausal ladies.

If you have severe pain it could be a heamoraging ovarian cysts, at which point you need to go to A&E.

I hope you get your answers soon xx

• Posted

its painful, but not survere enought to have me boubles over in pain....yet.

the pain in in the crease where the torso meets the top of the thigh and right on my pubic bone.

i dont know if im bloated or not as i still have my pregnancy belly after 18 months sad

• Posted

Megg1234 I dont know if you are in the UK but there is a fab support group on Facebook (ovarian cancer UK) for us and there are some other very young people on there if you feel like conecting? I was told I was too young to have ovarian cancer and I was 48!
    • Posted

Thank you very much Bexp66, I have just looked up that group and sent a join request xxx
  • Posted

As Megg as said. The Symptons are close to being the same.

I had a large mass on my left ovary and was no feeling unwell when I was first referred to a scan (only reffered as Dr suspected PCOS)

I did start to get a heavy feeling and was feeling run down. But no pain, no bloating.

Had surgery to remove the Ovary and mass and they discovered low levels of cancer in the ovary. I was not even suspecting it, neither were the Drs. I had no pain at all.

Not too reassuring but it shows that symptons vary in ladies and Ovarian cancer is very rare. Only a small % of masses or cysts are cancerous.

Chances are you have a large growing cyst, 

try not to worry too much

• Posted

Im a huge worrier and cant believe i have to wait 6 weeks for a scan sad

the pain is just so uncomftable and annoying. 

• Posted

I felt very uncomfortable for a few weeks before the operation but knew the operation was coming up so did not worry too much. 5 weeks post op and the uncomfortable feeling has gone because the cyst has gone.

I am sure thats all yours is.

I am a huge worrier too so know how you feel.

• Posted

I am now freaking out its my appendix as it hurts where that is
    • Posted

I would go back to your doctor and explain how stressed you are and say that you are concerned about cancer. I had a huge cyst and the same as the others, mine turned out to be cancer inspite of being reassured it definately wouldnt be cancer! But I was seen within two weeks - if there is any chance of cancer at all you should be scanned within two weeks. Your other option for peace of mind would be to pay about £100 and have the scan done privately? I had no pain, just a huge belly, but I did have bloating, struggled to eat and was weeing all the time ... exactly the same as if it had been only a fluid filled cyst! You will worry until you know what is going on so I would push to be seen sooner.
  • Posted

any previous surgery?
    • Posted

no, no surgery, (only forcep delivery 19 months ago)

the pain comes and goes every few minuits and is on my pubic bone, grion and where my appendix is BUT it doesnt hurt much when i press

• Posted

I've had my appendix out. I was in constant agony. No groin pain, higher up to the right side. I was also very sick.

If you have had the pain a long time, I doubt it is that.

• Posted

How long have you had the pain? And is it constant or only appears now and again?
    • Posted

I've had it for about 5 days (worse the last couple of days) I went to the doctor Monday with it.

It comes and goes every few minuets.

• Posted

I had something similar when I was young. I was so uncomfortable, in pain for a week or more. Ended up being reffered to hospital for suspected appendix but it was mittelschmerz a rare condition connected with periods.

Not saying it could be that, but there are so many things it could be. Try not to worry yourself too much. If the pain gets worse, might be worth calling 111 or going up a local minor injuries or even AE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.