I've got my date.

Posted , 15 users are following.

just to let you all know, I yet again rang the consultants secretary, for a date update. To be told I'm nearly at the top of the list and just a few more weeks. I said I've waited 29 weeks now. Is there any chance I can go on the cancellation list. She said yes, how soon can you come in. I said any time. She said I've got one a week today is that any good? I said that's mine. So yes 5th August is my day. Pre op on Monday. Will keep you all up dated. Thanks everyone for your support. A great site.

4 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Great, Good Luck from Sunny Hot North Caolina USA.  We are lucky here we dont have to wait like ppl in the UK etc...

I had my THR on Monday, been to rehab twice already !!!

• Posted

Hi Rich,

located in the NW we hav to wait two to 3 weeks sometimes longer. 

Docs are on vacation this time of year. Last time I had mine done in August and had a 4 1/2 week wait . Was in a wheel chair the pain was so bad it was so easy with rolling thru the house it was a small width wheel chair so easy to use. So I didn't mind . This was for a revision as the origional 1 was recalled. 

The the hippie club is growing leaps and bounds. I am so greatful for all my hippie friends and THR.

have a great day stay cool. The heat and humidity their would melt me like the wicked witch of OZ. thank goodness for AC. 

• Posted

I thought you had a real long wait 3-4.5  wks is not much, compared to what I have seen for other ppl on here.
    • Posted

I had mine mon too july 25

I love pt and i am exercising same at home

It helps right? J

• Posted

So happy for you - it's about time! I find it amazing that you wouldn't be offered the cancelation when you pointed out how long you've waited. In any case, moving forward, I hope everything goes really well!

• Posted

OK This is so good to know ahead of time. This way u can prepare meals snacks and protien shakes-my surgeon said to heel we need extra calories at least 2300 a day, lift everything up high no bending, remove trip issues in & out of home prepare your garden down size or hire some one to help out. 

my very best advice male or female be sure to get cloths & shoes that are easy to get on and off. Stepping up to put pants on is tough for weeks.

Elastic skirts and over the head clothing for the first few weeks makes life so much easier. Even if u have someone to help you out this will take some of the load off them too.

Get all the required helpers, like teachers toilet seat risers, sock helpers walkers canes etc.

hire someone to clean every 2 weeks for awhile if possible or a Roomba does a great job & programmed to clean when u want it to.

Always do exercises and never over do. Therapy will be important to build muscle and tendon strength.i know those darn socks necessary for weeks after gone home and after surgery the pumps on the leg in important to prevent blood clots. The pain meds are really good for helping us hippies heel.

I know there are many more preparations that can be applicable . Just concentrate on heeling take meds as directed . Usually there is a group conference at a center thru the surgeon with a list of restrictions  for movement and many other important things to review before surgery where helpers reaches etc. can be purchased or even borrowed.

the 29th will be here before u know it. This way u will be ready for the December/Jan Holidays. You'll be toasting to a new year pain free & life as a member of the hippie club .

there are many great kind & helpful experienced people here any time you need help or any ???

• Posted

Hi Nige.

That's brilliant news, really pleased for you.

Strange system that doesn't think to call and offer the date to someone who has waited as long as you!

Never mind, almost there.

Wishing you the best of luck for the operation.

Graham.

• Posted

Yea one more week of pain and discomfort then hippy fill you can handle another week xx

sue

• Posted

Well done you, I've told my lot till I'm blue in the face perseverance

pays off, you go under the knife 5days before me.

Big hugs

Kim

• Posted

That seems a long time to wait. What part of the UK are you in? Good luck with your op

• Posted

I'm Teesside too and had my op 28th July, discharged 29th! The lists seem to be long here but this came at the best time for me. And at least it's warm so I don't need to try to get socks etc on. Hope all goes well for you on Friday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.