I've had a cronic fissure for 6 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

the pain had gotten so severe tried so many creams suppositories and painkillers nothing had worked had laxatives loads of fiber got so bad I wasn't eating for weeks on end which isn't good! Back and forth from doctors ended me being referred to have Botox which I did 2 weeks ago had a good first week had managed to eat then all of a sudden the pain is back just as it was before thought Botox lasted longer than 2 weeks!! Now I'm totally gutted I'm back to square one it's taking over my life once again! I've got 3 kids and work lots so this is the worst thing to happen has anyone else had this problem?? I wish I could see the light at the end of the tunnel any advice will be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kristan

are you sure you have fissures or just sore hemarroids? 

I have been doing sitz baths cos i feel i have fissures though my doctor say he cant see them, only one external hemmi. Any way i bought a sits bath from Ebay and Epson salts from Coles or Safeway. I take the sitz bath with me i to the toilet until i do my business,then i place it on the toilet seat and sit for 10 mins..dont use hot water,use warm to almost cold water.take a towel in there with you to dry with.. 

• Posted

Hi no it's definitely a fissure that's why he did the Botox but I do have piles and skin tags after the surgery but I can cope with the pain from them which is minimal it's the terrible pain from the fissure inside its crippling after a BM I'm just not sure what to do so any advice is appreciated x
  • Posted

Hi, I don't know if you can read any of my previous messages but I know exactly where you are coming from, I've had two severe tears. Like u I tried it all, I had three lots of Botox that didn't work. I ended up having internal spincterectomy op in May this year. It's a lot better now, I do still get a bit of discomfort. If your surgeon mentions this op, it should work. Xx. Read up on all the risks though. X I found a cream on Amazon that helps called calmoseptine. Also use the shower after u poop not tissues. It's a lot cleaner X 
    • Posted

Hi thank you for ur reply I went to see my surgeon last night and has said that he doesn't like to do Botox for a second time and doesn't really want to cut my muscle as the risk is higher Being a woman and having had children so I'm at a loss now😔 I feel so helpless and no doctor is listening. Did u have to push to get more Botox?? How long did u have to wait?
    • Posted

Hi. I've had three kids too. They always say that because the op is more successful on men who haven't had babies. I had muscle function tests on my bowel before they cut into the muscle. It has helped no end. For me I just couldn't go on any longer after 9 years. My muscle function test came back really strong and I persuaded that to do it

I'm so glad I did. X they gave three lots of botox first. If he won't do that op, what are they going to do ? Xxx

• Posted

I'm not sure what they are going to do now he was reluctant to do anything else but I can't carry on you know how bad it is, I just can't seem to get on with much of my life At the moment it has caused me to be off work lots which isn't good and also I'm not eating as I associate food with pain so that's not healthy either! Are you in the UK? Where did you have treatment?
    • Posted

Also for me now 6 months on, its all about the food I eat. I had a stew last night and I felt discomfort again. If I eat fish and salads for tea I'm usually okay. If I ear dark meat it plays up the area. I think personally if the tear goes on and on, u just can't heal it. This happened to me xx I have good and not so good days but the not so good days are minimal to the pain I was in before
    • Posted

I'm a veggie so don't eat stew or dark meat anyway and had the most healthy diet anyway I've lost 7 stone in 8 months so I was exercising doin gym and eating very healthy so I was gutted when this happened as I'm still wanting to do all of that but the pain is so bad it stops me most days! 😔 but I've had a gud day today think mine goal now is pain management if I'm on top of that I'm sure I will feel better! (I hope!)
    • Posted

Well finally had my op today thank god had some really bad days so they got me in super quick so very lucky! May I ask how you felt after the op were you really uncomfortable and in pain or was it ok? Also what was it like the first time you had to go to the loo? That's the part I'm not looking forward to😖 x
    • Posted

Hi Kristan,

I am going to guess you had a sphicteronomy surger which is done to relax the sphincter muscle.

From my experience, upon waking up after the surgery it was  very painful. Going to the bathroom (#1) was not so easy as pushing kind of hurt it. They probably gave you  lots of medication like percoset to ease the  pain and you  will need those so do not skimp out on  those. I did not actually  go to the bathroom till two days after my  surgery as because I had to fast before I got the surgery done. 

Unfortunately, I will tell you that going to the loo is very painful. The first one after surgery is the worst and you have  to get through  it even though it is very bad. It might feel a bit worse then  going to  the bathroom before your surgery as you are trying to go to the bathroom from a spot that has a fissure and that has jsut had surgery. However, on the  bright side, after going to the  bathroom and actually passing the stool, you  should lay down in  bed but not feel the extreme fissure pain  that you did before. For me, it felt like a dull kind of pain but nothing  like the fissure pain.

Also, when I went the fist time after surgery, I blasted music in my ears to try to distract myself from the pain. Also, when I go to the bathroom I squat on the toilet rather than sit and htis may relieve some of the pain  too after you go the first time. 

Besides that, just keep resting in bed after going to the bathroom and you should be good. You are on your way to recovery so do not expect instant relief but you  should get better soon.

Best of luck to you and I hope all goes well!!!

Myles 

• Posted

Hi. Wow well done u. I went the following day. U hope they have gave you laxatives. Drink as much water as u can. I forced sprouts down for the following week!!! I had a bad experience. If u can cope with ibuprofen for pain relief stick to it. I got infection in mine but you may not. I had to stand up to pass it out. Everyone is terrified for the first. You will be fine. I found a pressure ring excellent if I was in the car xx let us know how u are doing. I think the advice of music playing is excellent. Absolutely no pushing at all. X
    • Posted

Yeah I think I will be the same I haven't been today so far so looks like it will be tomoz but that's fine yeah got laxatives and tablets just hope it's not too bad bit scared but I'm sure everyone is the same going to have loads of veg to keep me regular and soft but it's got to be done! Bless u to get an infection aswell but you thought it was never ending! I'm gonna try and be positive and get myself back healthy! I can't thank you enough for all your advice it has really helped me I've not done anything like this before but if I can help anyone like you have helped me then that's just brilliant! Will keep u informed! 😁 Xx
    • Posted

Yes had the surgery and so far I'm good hardly any pain at all just bit uncomfortable where I have had stitches I'm just nervous about my first time going to the loo but like u said if the pain is less than the fissure then I hope I will be ok!! 😁 Gud idea about the music I will try that and I've got a stool to put under my feet to help things come out better I hope! Many thanks for your advice I appreciate it!
    • Posted

Hi yes I had the lateral sphincter muscle cut for my cronic fissure and so far so good! 👍🏻
    • Posted

No problem. Noone should have to go through something like this so I like to give as much advice as I can on the matter. Hope it goes well! Also, after you  go to the bathroom, I would immeditely go into bed and watch a movie or something. That sometimes helps distract the pain as well. If you still feel it going into spasm, biting on a washcloth might help you cope as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.