I've had a total abdominal hysterectomy 10/13/15 and still feel pain and fatigue

Posted , 5 users are following.

it's been five weeks and I still feel fatigued. Took everything out due to severe endometriosis and a large ovarian tumor. Biopsy was benign! I am on a estrogen patch and it helps.. But I still hurt in pelvic area.. Pinching stabbing pain and just now developed a discharge/ odor. Hope I can recover soon, worried about not walking well (was a power walker before) I can hardly go far at all now. Feeling down.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I hope you're on the road to recovery 😊could you please help me I am scared to death have had a u s and it showed enlarged ovary with heterogenous texture? I see that yours was a large tumour and everywhere I read it says my type is suspicious of malignancy. can you help in any way please thank you Michelle x
    • Posted

Hi, sorry that you are afraid. Have you had the two blood tests as well? Are they going to remove it? MOST times it is benign so try to not let your self become too overwhelmed.. 
  • Posted

Hi Stephanie,  I had a TLA BSO 3 months ago and then 3 weeks after i had complocations where my bowel came through the internal stiches and ended up with emergency surgery which was quite a shock.  I felt exstremely tired ans exhausted after all the surgery and still feel tiered.  I think it takes time for our bodies to recover.  Our bodies have been through so much.    You would need to speak with your doctor about your discharge as you may have an infection that needs treatment.  i hope you soon feel better.
  • Posted

Hi Stephanie, 5 weeks is still very early days, power walking may have to wait for a little while but you will get there, I am now 11 months post TVH and BSO and in the early days I never thought I would take my dogs for a decent walk again and that was with vaginal surgery I suppose it took about 3 months before my hubby was telling me to slow down LOL, it may take a little longer with TAH, Though I suspect you are a lot fitter and you are obviously younger than me (I'm 62), try not to feel down it will get better.

Phoebe.

• Posted

Hi Stephanie, i'm also coming up to 5 weeks post of LAVH BSO.

would get yourself checked by doc. Sounds like an infection.

i had a lot of de-scarring work done as well as the op as organs all glued down and attached to back.  It's kind of like one step forward, two back still presently. Have had 2 uti's...one before I left hospital and the other about 3 weeks in. Had some BM issues too, and still not sure its right, dont know if just down to bruising but will get myself checked if continues (feels like not emptying properly and muscle not working fully), but could just be bruising still as had bad impaction 6 days after op, despite v healthy diet and lactulose etc).. Will see how next 2-3 days go.  Looking forward to 'seeing the light' in the next few weeks..keep reminding myself, as the surgeon and everyone said, "it's a marathon, not a sprint" however much I would lik it to be.  Best wishes. K

• Posted

Hi Stephanie,

You are trying to do too much too soon. It takes up to six months to get yourself fit enough to do what you found easy before the op. All your muscles and tendons have to get strong again as some have to bear extra weight and others just need time to heal where they have been stretched etc.. Be a bit more patient and just do small amounts of easy exercise, gradually building yourself up.

I hope you find this helpful and start feeling better soon.

Best wishes Sandrog 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.