I've just had my Venlafaxine increased to 225mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

The increase was 8 days ago. I'm starting to feel really anxious, sick and tearful (more so than before increasing). Is this a side effect of increasing the dose? I was very anxilous when I first starting taking them.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi marie I had mine increased a week ago.. I'm finding myself really tired sleeping better at night could sleep alday if I was left.. I couldn't sleep before hand. I am finding myself quite tearful, pretty low & no motivation at all..not really wanting to leave the house either ..I believe it should pass after a month.. so fingers crossed.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your comments, Sharon. I also have those symptoms (particularly the tearfulness and no motivation). Just needed reasurance. As you say, hopefully, these will all improve in a few weeks. 😊
  • Posted

Hi Marie,

Yes that's an unfortunate side effect of increasing the drug. I'm now on 300mg, and noticed that each time I increased I would have around 2 weeks of jitteriness, dizziness, and feeling very nauseous. It really does pass, just hang in there and try and relax!

Good luck smile

• Posted

Thank you ?? I must admit today has been much better with regards to the neasea, so I'm feeling a little bit more positive.

Thanks again, Chloe ??

• Posted

I found nausea and feeling tearful to be side effects, but they wore off when my body adjusted, within 2wks x
  • Posted

I found nausea and feeling tearful to be side effects, but they wore off when my body adjusted, within 2wks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.