I've rang the GP

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have rang the GP, the last four days the dizziness has been really bad! I feel like I'm walking on a cloud and my head feels like it's about to blow! I can't even bear talking to anyone and I feel like crying this has gone on so long!!! So rang my GP told them it's two months since my last blood test and would it be possible to get another today as this is ridiculous, I await the doctors call! X

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Ask ur gp to proscribe you either stemitil or prochlorperazine. If you have never used them before they will work almost instantly. Ask for emegency app if the receprion cant sort tge script for you over the fone. I know what your going through . I initially had suffered it it lasted day and night fot 2 mths, it was absolutely dreadful too the point where i had gathered ever drug in the house i could find and was going to end it. But luckily i couldnt find the door to go to the local pond to finnish myself off.then later that day someone gave me 3 stemitil. It will pass, it just feels like it never will.
    • Posted

Word of warning, dont let either of them touch your tongue as the absolutely stink
  • Posted

This is horrible. Thinking of you here in Canada
    • Posted

Hi all I've got a full blood count rest to do, but what's a joke! I spoke to my doctor (a doctor I never see usually) she told me dizziness is not a symptom of polycythemia, she told me where have you got that from? Then it transpires she trained under my heamotologist!!!! The same heamotologist that says polycythemia doesn't make you dizzy. I would like to ask how many of us on here have dizziness and have been told it's a symptom of polycythemia???

• Posted

Hi julia.  Thinking of you must be awful to feel so bad.   Can't believe what your doctor just said !!  Look up NHS symptoms of polycythaemia - that clearly lists dizziness as a symptom.

I so hope you get this sorted soon.  best wishes  jessie

• Posted

She even said where did you get that idea from???? I will definitely not be seeing her again!!!
    • Posted

Contact the receptionist and ask her to print up the symptoms. Dizziness is most definitely a symptom. Ask for emegency appointment and get dizzy pils.
    • Posted

Had a thought. Do you have an out of hours doctor service where you live? Failing that you could go to casualty. You may be sitting a while , but at least your doing something.
    • Posted

I'm still the same, I'm waiting for my blood results and they will give me an idea tbh what's going on. Thank you for asking I hope your okay too. Xx

• Posted

I get dizzy spells. Mine is secondary. How can a Doctor say this is not a sympton
    • Posted

Well I've been up to the hospital, I've had full blood count done and if it's as high as last time or higher in my opinion I can blame the dizziness is a symptom of polycythemia in my case, if my blood is okay (although I find it very unlikely when I've not had one within normal levels in two years) well perhaps the Doctors right and my dizziness is due to another reason. I'll find out in a few days, I'll let you know, thank you again, I've a few jobs then it's a lazy evening I think tonight and an early night. x

• Posted

My dizzingness put me at emergency in December. I was close to paint out. My daughter took me. After a cat scan that showed small blood clots forming on my left lung I was immediately put on blood thinners as opposed to low dose aspirin. 
    • Posted

I had another blood test done, but next time I'm really dizzy I will visit the hospital, my doctor on one hand did say come on let's give you a thorough MOT, but I know it's my blood and the blood test will prove it I'm sure, I'll let you know the readings when I get them, the funny thing also is my Doctor told me I can't have a venesections until my blood heamocrit gets above 0.55, last blood test it was at 0.53! So it's only to go two digits higher, she was saying that my heamocrit is the most important to watch, but my heamotologist says my heamoglobin is the one to watch and he said 174 is high but not as high as it could go, so perhaps I've to wait for a blood clot before I'm looked at or my levels basically to get to 180 heamoglobin and 0.56 heamocrit and then they might listen, I'll let you know if my levels have risen, I'm still dizzy today but I'll just have to bite the bullet and get on with it! X

• Posted

Ps I'm sorry Ellen about your blood clot. I can't believe that the doctors (well one doctor did) and consultants that I see don't recognise dizziness as a symptom and there it is in black and white on the NHS symptoms for polycythemia, the 6th symptom down, it has to get to a point of seriousness like yourself for any concern, unfortunately the NHS is rather stretched now and it's such a shame because i believe very much in it, or did, it could still work if they built more hospitals instead of shutting them down! With all government cut backs, the NHS should not be one of them. Rant over 😜

• Posted

Has it crossed your mind you could have vertigo? Why are you suffering needlessly . How long do you think it will be b4 you stop being dizzy? Dont live with it if something can be done about it.
    • Posted

I've been a lot better this afternoon so hopefully it's passed fingers crossed xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.