I've refused treatment for h. Pylori and am taking only acid blocker

Posted , 3 users are following.

i couldn't take omeprazole as I felt it affected my moods.  This is working good for my GERD along with trying to keep to an alkaline diet.  I'm too afraid of the side effects of the triple therapy of antibiotics and acid blockers.  I feel I'm taking my life in my hands at 75 but im not in any severe pain.  Anyone else try this route

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am taking another acid blocker which is related to omeprazole. Has anyone tried the triple therapy and how did you make out?
  • Posted

All I can say , in my life style , is that  "o" works fine. I walk up big hills, do about 5 miles a day...Eat fine. No effects for me. It helps.  But this is why we have a forum. Best wishes.
    • Posted

Are you saying you have H. pylori and you take "o" meaning zero or "o"meaning omeprazole acid blocker.  I take the acid blocker only, eat a diet not provoking acid and exercise 3 times a week riding my bike 8 miles, and gym weights and stretches.  I eat strong manuka honey (anti bacterial) on toast with cocanut oil hoping all this keeps the bug at bay or quiet and not creating an ulcer  and it seems to be working fine but I wonder if refusing antibiotics is wise .
    • Posted

Mary, with best wishes and meaning,you're stressing.Sure, your'e a fit woman.... seems to me you're missing out.  Grab a burger and watch the birds and the bees occasionally,give your mind a work out.lol
    • Posted

Your right!  I am stressing!  I want to feel good about refusing to take antibiotics with such severe side effects but which have a 97%chance of eradicating the bug H Pylori.  I also fret about refusing endoscopy examination.  I'm trying to treat this by good eating and antibacterial.

i'd love a good hamburger or a beautiful Black Forest cake loaded with dark chocolate but don't dare.  Well today I'll go golfing and still want to find out how others have fared refusing treatment of triple therapy!

• Posted

I took the triple therapy for H Pylori & it wasn't a horrible experience. The only issue I had with it was during the last 3 days of treatment I had killed so much bacteria in my gut (good & bad) that it threw my stomach off balance a bit giving me looser stools & a little nasea. But once I was done those symptoms got better after about a week. The only issue I have now is with Omeperazole. I was told to keep taking it after the triple treatment to allow my stomach some extra time to heal & the side affects of the Omeperazole have really had me miserable these last few days. I have had dizziness, pressure in my head that comes & goes, & fatigue. I stopped taking it because my gut feels much better without it & this morning I finally woke up not feeling fatigued. I'm still dizzy but I'm hopeful more time being off this med will make all the difference.

Best of luck in your journey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.