I've wasted 5 yrs of my life

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been with my bf for 5 yrs. But alot of things happened. Lies ,broken promises and infidelity. I still can't trust him and I don't feel loved don't feel any connection anymore it feels dead. And he never wants to talk about it and says I'm being drama. I hardly see him now and most of time I feel like Im forcing it to work I just Wana give up and never look back but it's easier said than done.

Idk what to do anymore

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Maybe it's time to move on my friend. Although my partner and I have been through some tough times with my own depressions. When I sat down and discussed it he said that he felt emotionally unequiped to deal with me. After that talk, it gave me a better understanding of where his head was at and it brought us closer together.

• Posted

I think James is right I think its time to move on.

Go out and get someone who will treat you well

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

He has been dishonest with you, not keeping his word and has been unfaithful. I'm sorry but it sounds like your bf has very little respect for you. If you carry on his lack of respect for you may actually cause you to lose respect for yourself. It sounds like this guy has already really hurt your feelings. It may hurt to leave him, but I think staying with him will hurt more. You deserve better than this and he doesn't deserve to be with someone he's treated so badly.

Ending a relationship is never easy, but don't stay in a horrible situation because you're afraid to let go. The more time you put up with this toxic relationship the longer you will be without the true love that you deserve.

• Posted

I feel u on that. I was with my sons father off and on 17yrs it was just too much he was lazy and every time we broke up he would get a job and be taking care of other women kids but not his own believe. It OR not but that last time we broke up was hard but 5 yrs later I was blessed with my husband I want for nothing I'm truly and respected all my children are grown so we can do and go where ever. My point is you can do bad by yourself and if he doesn't want to be true to u and all that cheating around its no telling what he might give you for me it was the longest 5 yrs but it was worth it. Take care of you first love you first as long as u let him do this to u he will keep doing it.
  • Posted

Jade, I'm really sorry to hear so many memories being torn away. I too lost someone in the very same manner. Sometime it's best to let go of all that emotion and continue to enjoy the aspects of life , a broken heart being one of them. Cherish that feeling doesn't it make you feel alive ? It's really time for new things but if you feel like talking to him then talk to him don't expect so much too happen in one day tho. Just be calm and if you can work things out. These problems usually happen from lack of love or their constant absence, maybe he's been working soo much that he's wearing down and needs a lift. We're all fighting a battle we can't continue alone. God bless you.
  • Posted

Leave him. Yeah it's hard but doesn't it p*ss you off more that you wasted five years of your life with him? Don't waste another day dealing with that crap, I'd rather you spend your days being in pain getting over him than being in pain staying with someone who obviously doesn't care about you as much as you do, if he does, he does a horrible job at showing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.