I want to learn more about granuloma anularre

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with GA and over the last year went from 2 dime sized circles of bumps on both my inner biceps to large areas of dark red pigmentation on my legs and elbows.has anyone had a similar experience and might it actually go away?? Am hopingsmile!!!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you have sugar, candida, gluten or thyroid issues?
    • Posted

Not that I know of Sarah but i am thinking perhaps I should seek sensitivity testing
    • Posted

Is there anything else "off" like recurring infections or anything else notable?
    • Posted

i ask because I have diabetes and have candida. I've been told I'm muscle testing positive for thyroid issues, but I take that with a grain of salt. 

Ive had spots go away completely after I've taken sugar and starch out of my diet. 

• Posted

sarahsings • about a minute agoi ask because I have diabetes and have candida. I've been told I'm muscle testing positive for thyroid issues, but I take that with a grain of salt. 

Ive had spots go away completely after I've taken sugar and starch out of my diet.  0 votes  Report  Share Reply

• Posted

Nothing else happening that I am aware of. I appreciate your feedback Sarah and think I will try to go gluten free to start. I have been a pastaholic for years and perhaps it caught up with me!
    • Posted

I thin it's possible that we bind and block our guts more than we realize or prevent certain foods and chemicals from being processed correctly and they end up causing a toxicity that's reflected in our skin. 

I heard art that the issue with wheat is not necessarily the gluten, but the chemicals used to speed up the harvest. Round up weed killer. Again, I read things and think about it, but don't always buy into it. 

Hopefully, through this forum, we will learn something helpful. 

• Posted

Excellent idea!  I gave up the foods on the list that I was intolerant of and slowly my GA faded away.  It was not a quick fix but within a couple of weeks I could see that I was not getting any new spots and not too long after that the ones that I had started fading & getting smaller.  Mine was diagnosed by biopsy.  It took about a year for it to totally go away but I did not need any expensive creams, sunlamp treatments or other.  I had it about 3 years before doing this and in that 3 year period of time, it only got worse until it covered a large percentage of my hands, arms, legs & feet until I quit the foods on the list. I am now eating those foods in small amounts and not eating them daily and all seems fine but I totally gave them up until it was gone.
    • Posted

Patty, Are the foods listed here and I don't see them? Where can I find?

smile

• Posted

Thanks Patty but I can't seem to find the private message!? I only have use of an iPhone at the moment.
    • Posted

If you look at the top of this page, I think you will see an envelope that says messages.  Try clicking that.
    • Posted

Just realized that I sent the private message to sarahsings who asked about the food list.

I gave her some specific web sites where she could look for information about elimination & autoimmune diets.  If you do a web search, you can probably find most of them.  The list of foods that I am intolerant of are not necessarily ones that would work for anyone else.  Elimination diets are a way of finding out what foods you are intolerant of or possibly allergic to. Knowing what mine are would be unlikely to help anyone except to be aware that foods do not have to be in the most commonly known allergens to cause problems.

Patty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.