I was very happy to find that common table salt in a war...

Posted , 103 users are following.

I was very happy to find that common table salt in a warm bath cured my Scabies. After soaking for 15 minutes, get out of the bath and drip dry. Do not use a towel, but if you must, just pat dry with kitchen towels as they are more hygenic.If needed, repeat after 4 days.

I feel this treatment should be made public, as it is free of harmful poisons associated with common cures prescribed by the physician.

The salt will get into the mite holes to kill the eggs, and also kill the mites on the surface almost instantly.

This is something all families have readily available in the kitchen, and is very simple to use.

Make sure all bedding is washed in at least 50 degrees, and clothing is changed and washed as hot as possible.

[i:95f80446b8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:95f80446b8]

9 likes, 151 replies

151 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have tried everything 5% Permethrin, 45% permethrin, ivermectin,Off, 100% deet, salt water baths for a month, bleach in my bath, Alcohol, Peroxide, ACV in my bath with lots of salt after scratching myself all over with a coarse green scrubby, Neem, tea tree, oregano oil for two months. All while I was ironing my clothe on very hot right after I took them off! Nothing worked. I live near the beach and i took a green scrubby and scratched all over while I was in the ocean and stayed in the water for 2 hours everyday for a week and when you get out don't shower til the morning but use anti-bacterial ointment on any open wounds because the ocean holds millions of bacteria! the first night I finally had itchless night! a week later I don't itch at all I'm going to continue this for another couple of weeks until I know they are not in my house! But I literally iron everything I can! My bed, sheets, covers, couch! I use to boil water before I washed them but this is the same concept! Good luck to all who have these creatures I am now sleeping at night after 2 years of scratching!

• Posted

The thing with scabies is everyones skin is different! some peoples skin dries out quick, some people skin is hard to dry out! Some peoples skin can absorb different chemicals faster, but I don't think my skin dries out fast or absorbs that well, but like i said I used a scrubby everyday in the ocean and zang it's gone so far!

Diatomaceous earth is good for things on the outside of your body but doesn't kill eggs or kill the bugs inside your skin unless you drink or eat it but then it takes forever! and yes I tried this! Also tried lindane lotions and got no results!

• Posted

Salt does work!!!! I rubbed salt all over me, except for my upper back which I could not reach. I left it on for 10 minutes, I have 1 itch on my arm, the rest is on my upper back... now I'm getting my boyfriend to rub it all over my upper back and I will do it full body again, I might go a head and do it for 15 minutes just to be sure. My guess is you have tried all the oil and perscriptions already, lord knows I have.. But the salt really really works, just try it.
    • Posted

I have tried a salt rub each bath. I also use dog shampoo with permethrin as the main ingredient. I have wash hair with shampoo then scrub body with salt. Occasionally I'll use salt in the shampoo too. Then I'll rinse and wash from neck to toe with dog shampoo. I had almost immediate relief and will be bathing 1-2 a day for a week, two if necessary. Most of the areas drive up and a lot of redness was gone. I have noticed that when I try to leave the salt directly on my skin for (even) 5 minutes it burns so much after 2-3 minutes. (Even skin that isn't damaged)

I have tried bleach scrubs before with a sponge soaked in bleach water mix. I have received some burns from this. It burns like CRAZY when I rub over it with the salt. I feel if your body can handle the heat the whole body salt rubdown I believe it helps too!

I just don't want to think about laying in a bath with them!!!!

Did it burn when you used the salt scrub?

• Posted

What happens if you don't have a bathtub. ? It's gotten to my face and my clothes it's so horrible. I get into depression n can't seem to get relief. Please help. I lost my son n job because of this nightmare. Been suffering 2 yrs n my drs say it's dilutional

• Posted

how did you go about getting it out of furniture? and what type of disinfectant sprays did you use for the house to disinfect everything? I’m just going to bag up all the pillows and rugs and clothing buti need to know how to get it out of the furniture?

• Edited

I know the topic is about the effectiveness about the salt against scabies... but i couldn't hold my self to post this... i have tried a lot of ways and methods... (this with salt im gonna try it.... i hope it work) , but the only one that seems to work is HOT water... in my case... try in one spot that you have... use the hot water and slowly raise the hot water up, up to you can hold... this kills the mites.

I know it may sound crazy... but just after you do it... the itches goes away. Then if there is some remain... do it next day... you'll see is gone.

Now.. everybody is different... but you dont lose nothing to try it... and for me... i would do anything to get fhe itche away.

Im gonna try the salt water and i let you know how it goes with me. Thanks to everybody for the feedbacks to the original post.

• Posted

I have had these pesy things for about three weeks now , I have never had them before that I know of but I was reading up on them and also saw a post about hot water . I was having a rough night with these things and thought I would try the hot water soaking but instead I just put my legs and feet under the hot water as I let it run and let it get as hot as I could tolerate it and it was though you could actually feel these things trying to move or someting , anyway after letting the water run over my leg I then stopped and just sit for a moment and realized how much better that leg felt than the leg that I did'nt try the hot water on , I must say as crazy as it seems that this is the quickest relief that I have found. I had also went to the Dr. and got the 5% lotion "which buy the way is just too expensive and shouls be against the law to sell it for that ridiculous price" So anyway the next night I ran a tub of hot water and just lay in it and ran the hot water after I got in it and let it get hotter and i will say this was the first night that I actually slept well and thought I would wake up and they would just be gone ,,LoL.. They are getting better though and the hot water is the best relief that I have found thus far. Be very careful doing this as you could very easly burn your skin and never put your child in this hot water "ONLY DO IT TO YOURSELF"  as you know just how hot you can stand the water.   

On another note instead of paying $120 bucks for the permethrin lotion from a drug store you can buy a product made by Happy Jack for dogs for about $10 bucks and it is like 17% permethrin and also contains piperonyl butoxide , "Google it " you can make your own cream for abot $20 bucks for three times as much product, just be careful using it and never use it without diluting it or maybe just mixing it with some good body lotion. Good luck and don't give up as we all have different bodies and certian things effect us different ways so BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU TRY ON YOUR BODY> Actually I'm sure that if you can afford it the best thing to do is to go to your Dr.

• Posted

I've tried Nix Shampoo, Nix Cream for scabies, tea, Nem, Eucolypsis oils, Ecosmart Home control Herbal spray for bed bugs, bed bug spray, bed bug dust, earth (seashell flour),alcohol sprays, flea sprays, turpintine & kerosene. Everything is in plastic including the couch. A tenant 2 doors down had her apt sprayed for bedbugs & I helped her put a bedbug cover on her mattress six hours after the Pesticide company with dust & spray followed by the herbal and earth. 2 separate co sprayings & she still has bites and had placed things out into the hallway. Is it possible for scabies to dig a hole & bedbugs take lodging...2 cell mates together? I think so. Day ?13, rubbed Colgate Total which may contain wintergreen or menth (cold)...the left arm showed white deposits collecting on the sores, the rite arm rec'd Cinnamen Blast Close-Up toothpaste (heat) and wrapped the arms up in toiletpaper and went shopping. The mint/wintergreen was VERY soothing & the skin tone looked good. The Cinnamen blast skin was more shiny & irritable but not necessarily ineffective. The white deposits showed up on the sores and the scratches turned white as the deposits capped. Day 14, took the salt bath with baking powder and clorine and upped the clorine for two hours. The mites showed up on the skin about half an hour later. Which means that they can live under those trapped doors for a long period. The olive oil treatment in Day 13 produced a lot of mites by rubbing in circles. They don't like oven spray & pop up but the spray dabbed on a hanky gave me burns and hives...so don't try it. Raid for Ants (red bottle) was quite effective for sleeping undisturbed and the oil dried onto my pj's which ripped off like a wax. So, wax may be the next thing and a rub down with plaster as it contains a lye and let it dry to cut off oxygen and let it sit for 3 - 4 hrs. Hopefully by then I will get the okay for the pesticide company. Tommorrow while my husband is doing the God thing, the couch goes.
  • Posted

Hello thanks for all the info I would like to know how much salt to put in the bath?also when rubbing it on the skin what do u mix it with plz.
  • Posted

So I have a question after soaking and you dry do you rinse the salt off or do you leave the salt on??
  • Posted

500g of sea salt

hot bath-add some boiling water from your kettle

20 minutes

vacuum your room

bin what you can't wash a 60 deg.

Monsters are gone.

Doctors(all 3) failed to help me for a year. Doctors no good in case of the critters.

End of story.

No reply.

• Posted

Found some great OTC and home remedies...

I came across this discussion while searching for answers to my outbreak. I searched for 2 days because my symptoms weren't as severe as those who had scabies but I thought I had some type of mites in my skin. Turns out I had hives, a minor 24hr outbreak due to my body's allergic reaction to the combination of cold medicine, 2mosquito bites and an herbal tea blend that included eucalyptus oil (I can't do plant based products). I'm healed but had you guys in my prayers and on my mind, couldn't leave you hanging...

Info on this site was very helpful but to simplify, I'd like to combine the most helpful info into one post:

I am not a patient or health professional...just someone who,wants to help

First do all the research you can online and see a doctor. If they don't seem to understand get a 2nd opinion. You have no time to be misinformed

Avoid physical contact with people or pets, scabies is contagious. A guy posted that he got it from a communal jumpsuit while skydiving

Warm baths in 500g (2cups) of table salt. Dermatologists say chlorine bleach is poisonous and harmful to the skin. Derms say it will flush out the eggs and body parts. Do not apply the bleach directly to,your skin. One guy said he now has floaters in his vision from taking bleach baths. Epsom salt or baking soda works same way

Salt may dry your skin. I found a new blend of Shea butter, olive oil, vitamin E and essential lavender oil (purifying) on the shelf at my local beauty supply store. Peppermint oil has the same property and can be a substitute for lavender

Calamine lotion is great for anti-itch..bug bites, poison, ivy, etc. I've the counter at pharmacy/drug store. It comes in pink or white and dries fast. Great for measles and chicken pox too

Wash clothes in at least 60% water. Wear plastic gloves to load the washer, discard them and out on a clean pair to take them out and to unload the dryer. A box of 50 latex gloves is around 4USD. One guy wore plastic gloves to,drive his car

They hate peppermint oil...use aromatherapy in a diffuser. Soak cotton balls with the oil and put in in the bag with your washed clothing. Place in your car and around your bed

Use peppermint soap...Shea butter soap w/peppermint oil, crushed bits of almond and baking soda. The almonds are smaller than mustard seeds

Olive oil is great for healing scars and burns. Kiss my face makes pure olive oil soap and lotions

Eat at least 2 cloves of garlic per day. Dice them and sauté with diced tomatoes & basil in olive oil. Place on toast and enjoy...this is bruschetta.garlic & the lycopene in tomatoes build immunity

Take lots of vitamin C and B

Avoid sweets, they weaken immunity

Avoid iron, bacteria feeds on it and your body hides it when it's attacked. Don't overwork it's ability to store the iron

I pray for your strength and patience...you can get through this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.