I went to my esa w.c.a and the nurse told me i will remain on esa and go into the support group?? :s

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello im just a bit confused really the nurse at my esa w.c.a last thursday told me i would certainly remain on esa and also be moved to the support group ( im in wrag at the moment) at the time i felt really happy and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and she told me it was a sure thing and not to worry, but having doing some research on web its up to the d.m at the d.w.p and her information is just a recomendation....so now im worried has anyone else been told on the day like me and if so did it turn out to be correct ? cheers smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tabitha, your assessment provider should never have told you that. You're absolutely right with what you've read. It's not their decision to make it's only a recomendation. The DM is the only person who can decide this at this stage. I have read with PIP that the AP has told them possitive things but turned out to be wrong. Hopefully for you this time it'll be correct and you'll be in the Support Group. Fingers crossed for you, good luck.

• Posted

Hi my sister was moved from the support group to the WRAG group but then in a couple of days the DWP rang up and informed her she was back in the support group so this can be good as well as bad.  I hope it is good news for you.  x

• Posted

I had a feeling she shouldnt be saying what she was saying, i wish i had recorded it in a way as the way she spoke it was a sure thing, so if i had not looked deeper into it and just took what she said as solid gold imagine the disappointment, she was a really nice lady so its hard for me to be cross with her haha, just hope her recommendation gets followed by the dm and im at least kept on esa never mind the support group, thanks for replying x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.