IBS

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi every one i have been suffering from IBS for a long time i get it worse when i am so stress out i find some food i eat makes it even worse i am on peppermint oil tablet for it but i dont think it is helping me any more can any one think of any other tablet i can try

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I tried the peppermint oil pills they did not work for me either just keep reading the forums and picking up different things to do like I am I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I have
  • Posted

I tried peppermint tea but it does nothing for the pain and gives me heartburn.  I also tried Mebeverine which made me fell a lot worse.  In the end I tried Buscopan combined with over the counter pain killers if anti spasmodics are not enough.  Usually, though Buscopan alone works well along with exercise.
  • Posted

Hi

I am in Bentylol. Helps a bit. Not much. Maybe probiotics and aloe vera juice. Eat light. Can't be much help. I am sorry. Going through a flare up myself. Nothing is working. I have Tylenol #3 and Oxycodins given to me at ER. I try not to take them but debating today.

Vivian

• Posted

hi! i got diagnosed with IBS just a few weeks ago. my current doctor prescribed me with Braxidin. Somehow it helps to ease the symptomps but i read somewhere that its not a compulsory since the med it self categorised under O drugs (it contains anti-depressan/narcotics).

hope it helps ^^

• Posted

A friend has been informing me on what to take for my IBS so I started a really good probiotic get the chilled ones I believe they are live bacteria, then watch what you eat the FODMAP diet. Not too much of anything is what I have to do and you have to figure out if you're lactose intolerant there dairy in a lot of stuff out there and even if you don't have a gluten allergy you can still have a gluten intolerance a lot of people don't know the difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.