Ibs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi folks,

I just wanted to know whether really am suffering from IBS, please Anyone suggest me which tests should be done to assess the IBS.

Some of the doctors advised that my symptoms are different from IBS. I got confused. Please suggest me anyone.

Thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My GP gave me a blood test, stoold test and I even made him do a urine test as well. The he sent me to a consultant for more information and help. 
  • Posted

I had an ultrasound, stool tests for h pylori and fecal calprotectin, a urine and celiac test.  All were negative so IBS was diagnosed.  Have any of your doctors suggested what condition you might have if not IBS?  Ask maybe for a colonoscopy and endoscopy.
    • Posted

Recently done colonoscopy, they found only excess mucus in intestine, rest everything is good.
    • Posted

Excess mucus is a sign of IBS.  Keep pushing your doctors for a diagnosis.  The problem with many opinions is that you will be told many different things

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.