IBS C

Posted , 7 users are following.

I take probotitics does anyone take Digestive Enzymes with Probotics with IBS C and do they seem to help thank you 

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I take both. They help. I take them as needed. I find that is best to carry the digestive enzymes with me so I can take them wherever I am when I eat, especially if city think it may contain something I'm not supposed to eat (food allergy). If I forget to carry them I notice the difference. Probiotics I leave at home in the fridge and take as, needed. I would take daily but can't afford to. Good luck.
  • Posted

Yes and good idea, even my doc says so. 3 times a day.
    • Posted

Thanks evryone wha kind do yall take I just started taking them today and they me kind of shaky and nauseous hopefully that will pass
  • Posted

I take probiotic pills from biovea with 5 billion cfu, its good in tummy, makes me constipated but it does makes a little bloating cause it creates gas everytime i take it in the morning first thing when i wake up then night before i go to sleep. They say it causes bliating cause it is working, killing bad bacteria creates an explosion creating a gas but it is tolerable, i seldom use my digestive enzyme, i only took it whenever i have a big meal. I am practising my stomach so that it would be back on its own process, this all happens because of too much exposure on ppi and antibiotics when i was treated with gastritis with h pylori. After the treatment h pylori is gone as per endoscopy result but this problems arises after that. 
    • Posted

Correction to my statement," unconstipated not constipated".....
    • Posted

So u tbink probiotics cause some bloating, i was wondering about that, it seems mine does also. Im going to stop mine and see if it goes away.
    • Posted

According to what i have read, its a good thing that causes minor bloating since it is working, a battle between the goid and bad bacteria creates explosion which is gas, bad bacteria die off, but it should subside.
    • Posted

Ok my bloating started 2 years ago and was off and on 5 times for about 2 weeks at a time now its been with me for 6 months now and ive been on good probiotics. Wonder if im on rite kind or i have a bacteria that wont die off easily, like candida. Iron deficiency and low b12. Think it malabsorption due to leaky gut.
    • Posted

I consistently bloat everytime i drink probiotic pills, most likely on my rigth side abdomen, im on a strict diet now. I have been in this condition since june of this year, there is a little improvement since i left off with ppi and antibiotics, my problem now is that my gastritis persist since i was exposed in ppi for 2 1/2 months, my gastric juices didnt become normal eversince, but they say it will be back if the body is totally healed itself, we just have to help our body to cope up.
  • Posted

I have been taking the probotics for about 3 months I dont think they cause me to bloat I was already bloated before I started them now it comes and goes Just started the Digestive Enzymes this week so what types Enymes do you take 
    • Posted

I agree. I was, bloated before. Now, when I'm well there's no bloating. Only if I eat diverging in allergic to. If there is bloating, maybe you can try drinking kombucha instead of a pill.
  • Posted

Hello Shelly

The NHS reports that the strongest of this evidence surrounds the use of probiotics in the prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea (AAD).

There's also evidence, albeit weaker, to suggest they may help in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), lactose intolerance and acomplication of ulcerative colitis treatment. It is also thought that probiotics may help protect some premature babies from developing a dangerous gut disease.

However, until more research is carried out, it's uncertain whether the benefits stretch any further than that. Generally, it's hard to see how swallowable bacteria could have an effect on conditions outside of the digestive tract.

It should also be noted that there's likely to be a huge difference between the pharmaceutical-grade probiotics that show promise in clinical trials and the "probiotic" yoghurts and supplements sold in shops, which may not live up to the advertised claims.

• Posted

What do you mean, Swallowable probiotics working outside the digestive system when you swallow them, something that goes into the mouth is the beginning of the digestive system and they work in the gut, small intestine, large intestine, duodenum they all work together along with your liver gallbladder, pancreas, are all connected to digestion. You got good and bad bacteria you got enzymes you have hormones, probiotics may be the place to start.
    • Posted

You wrote this in the above thread, "Generally, it's hard to see how swallowable bacteria could have an effect on conditions outside of the digestive tract". Did I misunderstand can you explain that further please
    • Posted

Ah my mistake - I was paraphrasing from the NHS website - there is no explanation for why the probiotics work just the knowledge that they do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.