IBS constipation due to anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys, I've posted here before about how I'm prone to getting water infections and I think it's linked to my IBS, so.. whenever I'm subconsciously anxious about something, it might be because I'm visiting my dad or a change is going on in my life, I dont necessarily feel anxious, but I will gradually become very constipated which is a horrible feeling agd puts me more at risk of getting a water infection.

I've been prescribed something to take when I feel constipated but I'd love to have something which can stop the constipation and also the anxiety. I eat a very balanced diet with fruit and lots of veg, I'm not dairy intolerant or anything and everything is normally fine except when I'm feeling stressed or anxious. I've heard evening primrose oil and help calm the gut down.

Does anyone know of anything to soothe anxiety/ stress and something to calm the spasms in my lower tummy as well?

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Stress is an issue for many many things, many heart attacks are caused by pure stress, and stomach issues are definately a stress thing, Hypnosis is a really good way of getting rid of stress, buying soft gentle music designed to relax you is a good way of ''De-stressing''. Have spent over 20yrs hypnotising people and trust me it does work..

Water and exercise are two really good things for stomach issues. Plenty of water will soften stools and also detox the stomach somewhat..

• Posted

yes I agree with you,stress is a big problem especially for working guys who hardly have time to even sit down and take a breather which might lead to a long term poor eating habits
  • Posted

Rebecca ,go look up Gluten ,that gives off a lot of red flags to what you've written .

Gluten sensitivity ,drs don't look at everything ,hence why people have these issues for years ,and I mean years ,some it's been as long as 20 yrs living with it ,so go look at it ,I don't dismiss anything as to its cause .

Stress from this will certainly give anxiety ,but again gluten will ,even the smallest crumb of gluten will keep it going .This is the route Im going for a month ,see if it helps me .

Miseable ,being miserable . Go check it out .

• Posted

i had diarhoea for 3 months non stop now I have got constipation or at least i dont go every day.  I am trying to cut out gluten too no bread makes me feel sick and also trying to eat healthy  I am due to go for a scope but after reading all the negative things not sure if i can bring myself to go, so trying to get better myself now if the constipation gets bad i take carters pills at night and some syrpup of figs sometimes help  also now trying fresh lemon juice as I have been bloating a lot too  so keep trying various things to ease it.
  • Posted

do you try taking a lot of fruit and doing some excersize,that routine has helped quite a no of patients with ibs
  • Posted

See a hypnotherapist buy a relaxing tape sit down and switch off, get a massage in the area it hurts.......!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.