IBS HELP NEEDED

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just a brief, i have been suffering from IBS for 5 years now. i used to be 100Kg and now am usually around 68kg. for 4 months now i have been having problems no doctor can diagnose. I am an avid fitness freak who trains 5-6 times a week, drink regular water, track my macros and calories and am very very careful what i feed my body. however i have been suffering from

- constipated

-bloated

-gas

-burping/ indigestion

- can never complete a bowel movement 

-sometimes it floats, times it sinks

- feel pain passing stool (sometimes)

-never feel hungry

i have tried eliminating each and every food from my diet to check if it is the trigger but it is not. i have been eating a consistent diet for the past year. Breakfast Eggs and oats , snack apple , lunch minced meat, snack banana, dinner steak or fish.  

my problem is i can go 2-3 days wihtout food and still have energy (have tried it), i was having a 2500- 3000 calorie diet, currently only on 1100-1500 and iv gained wieght to 74Kg which makes no sense. i have had all tests done (STOOL DR, HYDROGEN BREATH TEST, PARASITE TEST, HPLYORI, VITAMIN D, ALLERGY TEST, GLUTEN TEST, ) everything comes clean but i just can not understand what to do now. 

I have tried several antibitotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes, l glutime, everything, nothing works. currently taking LIBRAX 3 times a day and it seems to help a little but still severly constipated, even though i go to the washroom 3 times  a day. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You say you have had a "gluten test" - it is notoriously unreliable and the only truly accurate result is a 'scope. Worth asking about.

• Posted

well i did the hydrogen breath test. also i have completely eliminated gluten from my diet. so even if it were a trigger it shouldnt be anymore. 
    • Posted

The hydrogen breath test is for lactose intolerance. The blood test for coeliac disease isn't conclusive, it has false negatives. And a scope shows OTHER forms of intestinal inflammation - which is what they should be interested in.

Other than that - sorry, no further ideas.

• Posted

I don't know if this will be relevant but I stopped being able to digest red meat very well and got heart burn, bloating etc. I've read that it can cause constipation, cramps etc. It was mainly beef that was doing it.

Are you eating plenty of fibrous vegetables with your beef meals, i.e. fibre? Is the minced meat at lunch time beef? If so you're having it twice a day and that's a lot. Are the portion sizes large? It's hard work for the digestive system. Also having a varied diet is important.

• Posted

Have you tried the Fodmap diet?  Have you tried a food intollerance test?  And yes, stop eating gluten for a while & see if it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.