ibs or colon c? very stressed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am 35 years old female and have a daughter just under 2. I have for most of adult life suffered from hard stool and I have a , fissure as a result that comes and goes from time to time. I have also experienced occasional pain in my lower to mid right abdomen that can last a whole day and be gone the next. Now for the past two weeks I have been having a change in bowel movements to looser stools and mild cramps. There are also pains on my right that are localized and come and go. Not sharp but feel like something is in there. And as I said they come and go. I also have lots of gas and extreme intestinal growling. Another thing I experience is bruised like feeling in ascending and transverse colon. Especially after a bowel movement. I usually will have a day or two without cramps and going to the toilet only once to going 3 to 6 times in a row. Never had this problem before. Very afraid this is something really bad. Been to Dr and we have done a complete blood count and all is fine. I suffer usually from severe health anxiety and have been back and forth at Dr and she is sending me for a urgent colonoscopy within two weeks and she thinks it could be ibs or some form of ibd. No blood in stools. So while I am waiting for an appointment my anxiety has been going through the roof. Please if anyone has any thoughts or any input it would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Bella

I too have had a fissure come back off and on. It is caused when I don't watch my diet and start eating what I shouldn't  and then I suffer the consequences with sore colon, lots of bright red blood in the toilent from pushing and causing the fissure to bleed. This does not happen very often when I get my fissure back, because now I watch what I eat. I stay away from too much sweets, eat vegetables, fruit, salads etc, to keep enough fibre in my diet so my bowel movements are regular.

I also take apple cidar vinigar once in awhile to balance out my acid in my stomach so my foods are digesting properly. I use the Briggs, organic Apple Cidar Vinegar with the mother in it. I just take 1 teaspoon of apple cidar vinegar in 8 oz of luke warm water and drink with a straw so it doesn't stain your teeth. Sometimes I only need to take a few sips and not drink the entire 8 oz, and it works good.

I think you should try to relax and that will help restore your bowel movements back to normal once you do that and eat properly. I have had anxiety all my life since I was 18 years old and I learned a long time ago that panic only increases your symptoms and will add to your distress. So, relax, wait for your colonoscopy and let me know how you make out. It will probably be fine. I will keep you in my prayers.

Blessings to you Belle

• Posted

HI Lynn,

Thank you so much for the reply and for your kind words Lynn. I am sorry to hear that you also share some of my issues. Fissures are extremely painful and I sometimes think that my anxiety started back when the fissure came first. The amount of pain I was in was insane. I had botox done twice and been on movicol for two years to keep it under control and as a result it doesn' t bother me much. Even when it comes back at times now it's nowhere as painful. I can live with that. Sorry to hear you also suffer anxiety. Mine seems to be purely health related. I will definitely post back my result from colonoscopy. Really scared. Wish you all the best Lynn and God bless you.

• Posted

The colonoscopy, my friend just had one last week. She said it wasn't painful at all and they give you a little sedative to relax you before the procedure. She also said the worst part was just being on the bathroom all day, the day before the surgery, cleaning out her bowel. My anxiety is under control now, because I trained myself not to over think and worry about things I have no control over. Sure, I still get stressed sometimes over things, but nothing that I let get out of control.

As far as that fissure goes, I have sitz baths now with epson salt sometimes when I feel my hemorroids are flaring up. That heals everything faster and I don't take medications or botox for my fissure. All natural remedies for me and they work. Again, I think your colonoscopy will be fine. Just try to relax and have only positive thoughts. Thats the key, stay positive and chase away the negative thoughts.

Lynn

• Posted

Forgot to say, yes my fissure was extremely painful and cause me some issues with my bowel movements I think and stomach problems because of all the pain. All is back to normal and no more fissure because my diet is good, so there is no more pushing from hard bowel movements which causes a fissure and more hemorroid problems.

Also my friend did not have surgery, I meant she cleaned out before the procedure of the colonoscopy.

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

Thank you so much for all the advice and positive thoughts. It is helping me alot. I am so glad that you have your fissure under control in the best possible way there is. I couldn't wish it on anyone :-). I am also currently going through cbt for my anxiety, still early stages but I hope it will be a success at the end. Sorry for replying late to you but I have a very demanding toddler all day long :-). I just want you to know that I am extremely grateful for every single word you wrote to me. I wish you all the health and happiness in the world. Take care and good night.

• Posted

Hi guys,

Sorry, me and my problems again. I have been getting worse since I posted last. I had mild pain on and off all day yesterday and gone to toilet 6 times in total. Went to sleep last night and have been waking up throughout. I seem to get abdominal pain in the night after I wake up and had to have a bowel movement. My intestines are chanting all night and can't sleep. The pain on the right has also increased and it is in a specific spot that I can feel it come and go it's 0.5inch above belly button to the right. Woke up this morning and straight to toilet. I am getting really depressed and scared. Bruised feeling is also getting worse. Feels more like a mild burning in my upper intestine. I am starting to fear the worse again. This does not sound like ibs. It's been going on for two long now. I have an app tomorow for the assesment for colonoscopy but don' t have a date for it yet. I don' t know if I can hold on any longer. I also have little appetite but try to eat and haven't lost much weight maybe 1kg due to frequent toilet trips. Can't cope anymore.

• Posted

Try to calm down Bella and don't keep thinking the worse or else you are just adding to your unsettled digestive system. You could also have gastric problems or an overactive bowel or inflamed bowel. The good thing is that you can go to the bathroom and you are not all bunged up. You probably have little appetite because you are worrying so much. Who feels hungry when they are completely stressed out? If you haven't lost much weight that is another plus. Do you have any fever or chills? I don't think you do or you would of mentioned it.

Again, stay as calm as possible and stop imagining the worse. That can play havoc with your digestive system and make it feel ten times worse.  Wait until your colonoscopy and things will turn around for you. You just need peace of mind and reassurance. You will get it.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Blessings to you Bella

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for replying. Going out of my mind as symptoms have gone worse and I have fever today 38 Celsius. My face feels hot. Really scared. Do you think I should ring 111 maybe. Thanks Lynn you are a big support.

• Posted

Your fever is an indication that you could have a virus or some sort of infection. It could be flu or anything. It is best to go to either your doctor or walk in clinic to have your fever checked and find out if you have an infection or viral. Don't panic as that is only adding to all these symptoms you have. Now let me know if you go get it checked out. That is the best thing to do if you have a fever. A viral infection could cause you to get upset stomach and diareah etc.
    • Posted

Thanks Lynn,

I will wait till the evening and if symptoms get worse I will go to a&e. I called my gp already but they are closed for training this afternoon. I don't think it's viral as I have had a stool test 2 weeks ago when this whole thing started and all was fine. FBC Test also came back positive. I am freaking out it is a blockage in my bowel. Because of the pain on the right that comes and goes. What do you think. I will definitely keep you posted on all that comes out. Thank you so much for talking to me. You are brill...

• Posted

I have had pain in my side before lots of times from going to the bathroom too much causes your bowel to be spastic or inflamed. If you had a blockage, how could you possibly be able to pass a stool or have a bowel movment period. Doesn't that seem logical to you that if you had a blockage how could you go to the bathroom at all. I would be more concerned if I wasn't able to have a bowel movment and everything was staying inside of me instead of coming out. You said you got up and went for many bowel movements, so that doesn't sound like any type of blockage to me. I am not a doctor and that is why you will feel better after your colonoscopy is complete. Relax, stop getting your blood pressure going. Maybe thats why your face feels so hot, from worrying and getting your blood pressure going up from panic and worrying. You will be fine if you don't let your thoughts run wild. Thats the problem, when people start to let their thoughts get out of control they escalate their problems into more problems. Blessing to you and relax.

Lynn

• Posted

Lynn,

Thank you so much for your patience. I am trying to stay calm but with every new symptom my imagination just gets bigger and bigger. What I meant I guess was maybe a partial blockage because of the fever. I hope all turns out fine. But can't see it at the moment. I have been googling so much since this ordeal ( worst thing to do) I know and I have become by now almost convinced that it' s something very bad. I wish I had your mind frame. You sound like a very strong lady. Hope all is well with you. I will let you know how I get on , lovely. Bless you .

• Posted

Belle, we all have moments when we feel overwhelmed but we have to not let it get the best of us. I have had my own issues , not to mention 6 hours of brain surgery to save my life from a spontaneous bleed. I survived that just over 20 years ago and there are always going to be challenges along the way. You can do it, you will be fine and things will work out as they are planned to work out. Just remember you have no control over your results, but you have control over how you can learn t relax. Don't keep thinking what if, what if, just say to yourself, so what, so what, I will deal with it whatever it is, but not worry until I find out my results. Keep positive and kick the negatives out of your head. Read a book, watch a good comedy and best of all , go for a long walk and enjoy nature. We only have today and nothing is guaranteed for tomorrow. Stop thinking about tomorrow when you haven't even taken time to enjoy today. Blessings to you Bella.
    • Posted

Hi Lynn,

Thank you so much for everything. You inspire me. To go through all you have ( seems like you had your fair share in life) and stay as strong and positive it's pretty remarkable. You really are a great support and I don't even know you. I appreciate it so much. I am trying to keep positive and all but I am just an extreme worrier and still haven' t learned how to deal with that. Anyway I am not going to bother you more for today I just want to wish you a very good night and I will report tomorrow when they give me the date for the Colo... I hope it's really soon. I am going for the pre assessment tomorrow at 2pm. Take care for now dear. Bless

• Posted

Your not bothering me at all Bella. If that were the case I wouldn't even be on this web site answering you. I have no problem helping support you and boosting your thoughts more into the postive state then negative. Hang in there and let me know how you make out tomorrow. Anytime you want to talk about your condition, just post away on this site and I will answer you. I know what it is like to be anxious and have had my own share of that in the past. I learned that the only person who can fix us is ourselves when it comes to worried thoughts. We can only depend on ourselves and the support of good friends to give you good advice and helpful suggestions. Talk to you soon and I will keep you in my prayers tonight.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

Once again, thanks alot. I didn't manage to answer to you all day as I have had lots going on. Anyway, I had my appointment and I will be having the colonoscopy this coming moday , so fingers crossed. I am now worried about the procedure if I am going to handle it ok . In fact I don't know what I am more worried about the procedure itself or what they find. But at least I am happy it's going to be soon.Today I also felt slightly better and I also hope all is well with you. I will write to you properly tomorrow. I am half asleep by now . Good night.

• Posted

Hi Bella

The procedure itself is not painful at all. You will not feel a thing when you have a colonoscopy. They give you a mild sedative so you completely relax and in most cases some people go to sleep they are so relaxed. Actually the worse part is preparing for the procedure the night before because you have to drink this stuff that makes you go to the washroom lots and lots of times until your entire colon is cleaned out. they have to do this so they can do a proper procedure to make sure they check out your entire colon. I feel that everything will be fine with you. Just relax and no more what if, what if, but say to yourself, so what , so what. The more you relax and stay positive the better you will start fo feel. Give me a little note tomorrow and let me know how you are feeling. Have a good nights sleep and blessings to you.

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn ,

Hope all is well with you. Thanks for yesterday. I am feeling a bit better today except for the pain on the right that it's really annoying more than anything. Been only once to the toilet since the morning and no cramps so far. But got my period last night and there is a mild cramping on and off due to that, I know it's the period as the pain with that is different. I sometimes feel like I never have a break. There is always something hurting. One thing will stop and another one will start. Amaizing. It must be a good luck:-). Anyway I am trying hard to keep positive until the procedure and I really hope all goes well and I get positive results. Have a good day and thank you for being here every time.

• Posted

Hi Bella

Hang in there and just wait for you results. There are many types of problems associated with the bowel that are not cancer, but are just inflamation, spastic bowel, gastritis, etc etc. So many things. I am sure your diagnosis will be something that can be treated or nothing at all but a spastic bowel. I have a spastic bowel sometimes and my pain is in the left side. Especially after several bowel movements. I kept you in my prayers and will continue to do so. I am proud of you that you are learning to relax a little and stay positive. Now go get a good book to read or something that you enjoy doing. Get away from yourself and your constant thinking. Its not good to just sit and think. Busy minds are very happy minds. Walking is my medicine and getting close to nature is the best medicine. Just walking around the block or like my husband and I, we go for 2 mile walks. It does wonders for your health and nothing beats walking and fresh air. Your body gets a full workout without being stressed out. So, I will talk to you soon and anytime you need support or someone to talk to, just post.

Blessings to you Bella

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

Thanks again for your endless support . It's funny but it seems we do have alot in common. I also enjoy walking and find it very therapeutic ( especially in nature) it's a whole different experience . I don't know where you live but I am in London and it's not the best place for walks.That's so nice that you go for this walks with your husband. My husband and I used to walk very often in the evenings after dinner and it was one of our favourite things to do together. But since we had our little princess it is almost impossible :-) . Reading is another thing I enjoy once I get into it. Not much time for anything this days. Hope you had a nice day and wishing you a very good evening. Sending you a big hug.

• Posted

Bella

I live in Canada, in Ontario an hour and a half from Toronto. Why can't you put your little princess in a stroller or carriage and go for those nice walks again. Its worth getting her bundled up to go for a walk if it is cool or dress lighter if it is cool and walking together as a family. Everyone will win and benifit from the walk. Put the extra effort in to go for those family walks, its worth it for all of you.

Yes , we both like to read then as well. I like to educate myself on lots of issues and I also like to read fiction as well. A good story is worth the read and takes you away to another place in time. Thats the idea of getting away from yourself and focusing on something else to calm your nerves or just help you relax.

Lots of hugs to you and your family and talk to you soon.

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

I didn't realize you are that far :-) . I thought you are somewhere in UK. That's wonderful. Well if you are ever visiting London you know who to call :-). Going for walks as a family it's relatively difficult for us as my husband works long hours and by the time he comes home she is almost ready for bed. She goes to sleep very early 7pm. But I spend alot of time out with her during the day. We have lots of little parks around , so we are there for few good hours every day. But evening walks with my husband don't work because we live alone and there is nobody to babysit her. Occasionally we have friends or family help but not often.

I didn't really ask you if you have children your self . Not sure if appropriate to ask though? Feel free to ignore :-) .

I am also sending lots of love and hugs to you and your family.

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

I hope you are enjoying your weekend . We have been out and about for most of the day today, had a really nice weather and had to make the most of it. I am keeping occupied so I have less time to think.I have also felt relatively ok today. My stomach cramps have decreased in frequency these last few days as well as toilet trips. Keeping positive. One more day to go.

Thanks for your support and hope all is well. Hugs

• Posted

That sounds great Bella. Keep it up as the more you relax the more your stomach and insides will relax too. When you find things to do you will get away from yourself and focus on other things. Keep it up and I know your test is going to be fine. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Yes, I am enjoying this beautiful weekend and the weather is nice and warm.

Blessings to you

• Posted

Hi Lynn ,

Hope you had a nice day. I am slowly getting ready for tomorrow already had the prep for today and not that bad. Lots of toilet trips but no other side effects. No pain or cramps . The worst thing is drinking the solution. It tastes really horrible. I didn't think I will be but I am extremely stressed out. I have been in a panic for most of the day. Ups and downs . It eased up now as I am getting very very tired . Have a good evening and I will let you know tomorrow how it went. My app is in the afternoon at 3.30pm UK time and I will not be home before 6-7pm. Will let you know at some point tomorrow evening.

Big Hug for all your support.

• Posted

Good luck Bella. I am sure everything will be just fine and things will be okay. I am very happy to here that this will all be done tomorrow and you will be happy to get it out of the way. Lots of hugs to you and look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

Best Wishes

Lots of hugs

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

Hope you are well. Just got back from colonoscopy and I am really happy to say that there is nothing there to worry about. They took few biopsies but I was reassured by the team that all is fine. No findings. They had a good look and all seems healthy. Very happy about it but also puzzled as to where is all this coming from. I have in a week ultrasound to check my gullblader and if that is ok then I guess I will be joining the ibs club. Lots of love and hugs and I can't really thank you enough for all your support. Enjoy your day.

• Posted

So glad to hear the good news. I was pretty sure you would be fine. So, just keep relaxing and don't get yourself worrying about anything. Things will be just fine and keep me posted as to how things are going.

Enjoy your evening

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

Hope you are well. Thanks for all the support you have given me in the last week or do. It has made such a difference. Sorry I didn't reply all day yesterday. Have been out and came home really late. Anyway just wanted to say that I am feeling better and I guess it's also because I am much more calmed after the colonoscopy. I will keep posting on how I am getting on. Thanks again a million and if you ever need to talk to anyone you can count me in. Anytime. Hugs......

Have a good day

• Posted

No problem Bella. I knew you would feel better once you were calmed. Any of us can get ourselves too worked up over something and then we escalate the symptoms in our head and cause ourselves to feel worse then ever. I am glad things are coming along okay. You know when you were talking about gall bladder. I do a gall bladder cleaning once in awhile that is all natural. I just go and buy fresh lemons, cut off a slice and squeeze it onto a hot cup of water. Stir and drink it. Don't squeeze in too much lemon, just enough. Lemon is known to be a nutural gall bladder cleanser. You may want to try it. Talk to you soon and lots of hugs to you too.

Have a good day

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

Hope all is well with you. Sorry I have not been in touch lately , have been really busy catching up on things. Going away for the summer in 10 days so lots to sort out .

Just a little update :

Did have the abdomen ultrasound this week so all seems fine . Still waiting for results but Dr said nothing concerning there. Stomach pain and diarrhea also gone.

I just wanted to thank you again for all your support. I owe you for that. Anyway hope you had a great weekend and whenever you can, let me know how you are. Lots of love and hugs to you and your family.

• Posted

Hi Bella

I just got back from out of town and saw your posting. I hope you are having a nice holiday and glad things are going along better. Didn't I tell you if you would just relax your body would follow and feel better too. I am sure most of your problems are all stress related from worrying too much. Have a nice holiday and come back feeling relaxed and rejuvinated. Bye the way, you do not owe me anything. People should reach out and help another whenever they can. Thats what life is all about, helping someone else.

Blessings to you

Lynn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.