IBS...Or something worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I'm 26 years old and have been experiencing a lot of scary symptoms. Basicily the last month in a half I was having narrow then normal stool and color that would go back and forth from light brown to dark brown. Sometimes it comes out mixed colored or shredded looking. I've also been experiencing abdominal pain and back pain in my lower left quadrant. Sometimes there is a tiny bit of bright red blood in my stool. Two years ago when I was 24 I had a colonoscopy for narrow stool and everything came back normal. I also suffer from severe anxiety disorder. For a while the shape of my stool would go back and forth from thick to thin to thick to thin. But lately it's just been thin. Or ripped looking. I had an endoscopy last month for nausea and I have an acute gastritis. As well as Gerd. I saw my GI yesterday and asked for a colonoscopy but have to wait a month for a He thinks its highly unlikely that its cancer. I was in a car accident in May and had an MRI and my chiropractor said I definitely don't have that because they would have saw it. But now I'm having abdominal pain after bowel movement or Farting. It's more of the sting that comes and goes. My primary care doctor says I shouldn't be worried because my blood test came back normal. When I told my GI that he said that doesn't matter....that freaked me out. I don't know what to do I can't stop Googling stuff even though my doctor told me to stop I really hope I don't have cancer. My GI told me to start taking Metamucil twice a day and that should help my digestive. Tract. He saw that I was on Xanax and asked why (my gi) I told him about my anxiety. I just started taking antidepressants literally 3 days ago he says he wants to see how the combination of antidepressants and Metamucil will help for now. So now I sit here terrified even though he says I should be ok. Anyway I'm reaching out to people who've had this experience I'm just happy I'm staying on top of it I'm not ignoring anything I just hope I'll be okay.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had worst symptoms and my colon was fine .

People should also know it can be many many different things first other than cancer .

My situation is still in the process of finding out what's causing my back pain and constipation.

They found 2 lesions in my liver so now I have to wait and find out what it is . Your Liver can cause digestive problems too !!

• Posted

I know you already know this, but you are allowing your imagination to run wild, as said already, you need to let the medication to take effect first.

you should take reassurance from a couple of things, you had scans fairly recently which showed nothing, so IF there is a problem, it is in the very early stages, also, doctor would have fast tracked a colonoscopy if he had genuine suspicisions it was cancer.

take some comfort from those 2 facts and take care of yourself 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.