Ibs treatment

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello guys does anyone knows any natural herbal treatment teabags pills or anything good for ibs im just having the abdominal pains and pain in the sciatic nerve that could be an ibs symptom also having hard stools im looking to try something natural to start thanks

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

More Fiber but less complex. If you use a central frugal juicer. It takes out the complex fibres and keeps the less complex which is easier for your stomach to digest.

Peppermint tea and ginger are brilliant for calming the stomach down and the lining.

Also a multi bacteria supplement helps. The liquid wheat based one is brilliant. You can buy it online. It costs more than most but worth it.

• Posted

Peppermint tea....and peppermit oil capsules really helped me.....not for everyone

• Posted

I drink peppermint or camomile tea when I have stomach cramps unless the cramps are violent in which case I can not drink anything.
    • Posted

losts of people go for peppermint but it is not recommended if you also have GERD. It relaxes the stomach sphincter.  Ginger is fantastic.  I buy it by the pound at Produce Junction and its cheap.  it sure works to settle the gut and you can slice it into a nice hot mug of chamomile tea.  Kiwi fruit has been fabulous as well. All the best! 
    • Posted

Yes I probably stole the idea from here. I was very naive before I was ill and as a result had to make many changes  I probably drink camomile more but I Aldo have ginger tea I have never had actual ginger I will look into it
    • Posted

I tried Peppermint tea but it made my heartburn worse a day after taking it,  Ginger gives me heartburn too.  However, everyone is different and it may work for some.
    • Posted

I have only tried peppermint tea which gives me heartburn.  I have acid reflux and they say peppermint oil/tea can make it worse.  It doesn't do anything for my stomach pain either.

• Posted

I can't write the name of the capsules here, because I did that before, and my comment has been deleted.....

I'm taking some proboitics, thats really amazing! The name of it start with "O".

I bought those in a health shop, with a light blue and white colour box.

• Posted

I have read that artichoke leaf extract is great for IBS but I haven't tried it yet. Also, I make camomile and ginger tea each day and chew on DGL tablets ( diglycerrized licorice)... This does seem to help if I chew before a meal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.