IBS, tummy bug or food poisoning?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had IBS for years, usually brought on by eating wheat/gluten. On Sunday I had cakes and bread-very naughty. Monday morning I had diarrhoea twice. Felt pretty rough since but no more diarrhoea until now... what's that about??

I ate today. Gluten free toast and a small amount of dinner. Mashed potato and pork chop. Not much at all. I'm miserable and just want this over. I have a severe vomit phobia so am currently in a state of panic over whether I'm actually ill!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You may just have a tummy bug, that's what my husband and I have just had. He was sick and got over it quite quickly.

Where as I have the vomit fear and will do anything not to be sick, so consequently I have had the bug with tummy ache an bouts of diarrhoea for 11 days now.

I called the doctor and he said these bugs can drag on for 3 weeks :-(.

I have now started to to take a probiotic, only yesterday to a we if that helps. Scared to eat too much because of the vomit fear.

Staying hydrated and hoping.

Good advice to call th GP though.

Best Wishes x

• Posted

Hi, I thought it could have been a bug but there's 3 kids and 2 adults in our house, and no one else has had it(praying I'm not tempting fate saying that!!)

I bought some yakult this morning. Not brave enough to drink it just yet! Had a small amount of rice pudding earlier and now my tum is bubbling away. Pretty fed up now. Just want to get back to normal as we're supposed to be going away this weekend

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.