IBS - Weird problem with beef

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I've recently had issues with eating beef, however it only seems to be steaks. I can eat things such as burgers without issue.

Beef steaks cause constipation but not to the point where I cannot go at all, just less frequently. On top of this bowl movements are painful and often make me feel ill.

I'm going to stop eating steaks as that's probably the only solution but I was hoping you guys could explain why only steaks and not burgers?

Thanks,

Samuel

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I should also add (can't make this sound nice) stools are harder to pass after eating steak.

• Posted

i wonder if the conbcentration of beef is higher in steaks is are the beefburgers really all beef. Beef is all protein which is hard to digest so the food stays inside you longer making the stools bigger and harder, 
    • Posted

This could be it, I also had the thought if it being due to the fact burgers are minced meat. Meaning I can digest it easier.

It's a weird one, guess I'll lay off the steaks smile.

• Posted

I can't eat white bread, and can't drink cow milk, because of my ibs. When I ate or drunk those I felt very bad pain, mostly at night. It was very very bad......

It can be different every people.

Sorry about my english.

All the best ! wink

• Posted

Red meat and IBS dont mix I would say away if I was you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.