Ice packs

Posted , 10 users are following.

good evening one and all. 

For all you wannabes out there I have a thought I would like to share 

before the op I thought I had everything covered, raised toilet seat etc etc   It was not until I was in the hospital on the second night that a wonderful nurse brought me an ice pack!!  The relief was amazing

when I got home all I had was bag of peas, which when wrapped in a tea towel worked quite well. The only problem is when you refreez them they freeze lumpy😁😁😁 so when you go to use them again they are lumpy bumpy and hurt! 

I muddled on with makeshift ice packs until today. My new gel packs, together with waterproof cover, so you don't keep getting wet, arrived. I put them in the freezer earlier and they are perfect. I am enjoying one as I type!😄😄 I can't believe I went 14 days without these lovely ice packs so what I'm really saying newbes is get yourself some nice soft gel ice packs ready and waiting. They will become your friends. 

I have had a pleasant day. Rested, fidgeted, watched the tennis 

i wish you all goodnight and hope that wherever you are you are comfortable 

me me and my ice pack are!!!!!!!!

7 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Carol ... so happy for you ....so hot and humid here - are you enjoying Wimbledon??? 

you have a good night too - 

big hug 

• Posted

I am enjoying Wimbledon. Usually I get to snatch a bit of tennis here and there, always so much to do 

so I am guilt free!  I am not allowed to do too much. I have to rest so I thought I would make the most of it and just sit back and watch and enjoy. Find I can't sit still for very long though have to keep getting up and moving about. 

Wow!  Amazing lighting, and thunder!!!  Mind you veg could do with a drop of rain 

there it goes again, right overhead by the sound of it. I love a good storm. 

I have got to see sunsets, sunrise and now magnificent Storm. I would have missed it if I had been asleep!!!!!  It actually feels quite chilly, cleared the air. 

Im going to try going to bed now, so good luck tonight be comfortable 

lots of love

carol😍😍x

• Posted

I'm loving the same here!! I have one on my knee and one on my hip. It was the pain team that put me onto them.......fantastic.⛄️

• Posted

Hi Carol, My partner bought me two of the gel ice packs as he didin't like the idea of me using peas. They are the best thing since sliced  bread  as far as I am concerned lol
  • Posted

Carol glad to hear Ur doing so well. And well done for sharing Ur advice on ice packs. I'm a wannabe hippy, hoping to have op in next month or so. Keep cool & keep up the good work. X
  • Posted

They are sooner Carol and they are pliable and not hard.So they feel better.also help with the swelling too!
  • Posted

Wondering where to get ice packs in northern Ireland.aiming for home tomorrow and knee on operated leg very swollen
    • Posted

Amazon ?  Make sure you get speedy delivery if you are off home. See if you can get next day delivery bound to be a site on the net that can do next day delivery. 
    • Posted

Will do. Love Amazon. I I have on Monday frozen peas till then.
    • Posted

Love amazon. Have one ordered here Monday. So the frozen peas until then. Thanks for the advise.

• Posted

I used ice in a zip lock bag in a pillow case. It was good and actually lasted longer than my gel packs are!
  • Posted

Ah yes, the bliss of ice packs.  Where did you order yours?  I am in need of a new one and no where locally sells the kind I want.

Dawn, USA

• Posted

Via good old Amazon. They are good but wished they stayed cold longer x

• Posted

Make sure when u order the cold paddle they are soft gel packs otherwise some freeze and get hard.lol

I found mine in k mart tho

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.