If your flexor tendons are stuck in scar tissue does it hurt?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had surgery to repair 4 tendons and they have become stuck in scar tissue.

My question is if they are stuck does it cause pain? What are other symptoms other then unable to move the fingers or function?

I have severe pain in my fingers, cold, swelling, red color.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I haven't experienced that. I'm 3 weeks post surgery. I went to see a physiotherapist last week and I was told it's too soon to start physio. How soon did you start with physio? When will I be able to put pressure on the operated foot?

I'm so tired of using crutches and the moon boot. I know the healing process takes time I just feel like I'm not progressing.

• Posted

I have had tendons grafted. To the bone moved front the right side to left and ArKillers ten done and toe straightened pin in it as Jason Hargreaves off 9 Harley street messed my foot up totally ,,,nightmare said he was a  surgeon   But he wasn't  but he still carrys  out work there ,,my phosi said gentle  exercise  only he was told that by my surgeon from London hospital,,I do light stretches. With the rubber band pulling foot up then back then sideways and sitting on the chair with feet down ,,I have lose outer a stone in weight and I am knacked .had to go out the last 3days I drive now but it's a  automatic but it has manual gears as well  , but I can put my moon boot on the side away from brake pedal,  I don't walk far but it's hurting my hip you will get there this is my 3opp on the foot had  bunion   Removed and toe straighten but it didn't work this  surgeon   Is very very good  worked with the athletics in Australia ,,, but it was not cheap my dear  husband helped me but un fortunately   He passed away before it was done with a   Bleed in the head Instant. Good luck ,Linda ,😄

• Posted

I had a severe laceration to my right palm. Had a piece of glass in it and then someone hit me with a cane and it shoved the glass to the bone. It severed 4 tendons, 2 nerves and a artery. My surgeon said it was a severe case and I had my stitches removed at two weeks and was places in a splint for 6 weeks before I started therapy. He said I couldn't make sudden movements or I could rupture something.

For you I am not to sure best of luck to you.

Next month I'm scheduled for my second surgery.

• Posted

Hi Matthew,

Envision a rubber band attached to a piece of fabric...if you hold the rubber band with a finger and try to move the fabric, you will only move it minimally...so the answer is yes.

Pain, cold, swelling, red tell me something else is going on.

Pain involves the nerves.

Cold indicates reduced blood flow.

Swelling indicates inflammation.

Red can be inflammation and infection.

Make an appointment to see either the surgeon or your primary care physician or an urgent care.

In your corner,

kind regards,

judith

• Posted

The joints of my two fingers is extremely painful to touch or move. I also have a almost constant burning sensation. And to move my hand or other fingers make my incision mark feel like it's splitting open and has pain.

• Posted

Matthew,

Only nerves cause burning sensations...you need a physician now, Kind regards. Judith

• Posted

Yes. The pain in my joints are deep and constant very painful.

I had 4 tendons, 2 nerves, and a artery completely severed. The surgeon said the only way he was able to repair the tendons was he had to stack them on top of each other. And he told me the adhesion will be greater and little it come it completely took over. Just was wondering if after 5-6 months if tendon adhesion would be this painful not including the burning sensation. That's just a added bonus.

I have a appointment with my hand surgeon on Wednesday for a evaluation. I went to therapy and it was agonizing and my therapist said I shouldn't have this much pain this far out and do did my doctor. So I'll repost what they tell me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.