Im back, and I DID IT!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, Ive been absent for couple of weeks, and not had any decent internet access, so its going to take me a while to catch up with everyone, old and new. 

BUT I just wanted to share something with you. 

Im 7 months out from right TKR, and having left TKR in 18 days time. I had a very specific goal all the way through recovery from the first one - to go snorkelling in the Red Sea when we went on holiday to Egypt. Well, guess what? Yep, I only went and did it!! Off a floating pontoon on the jetty at the hotels House Reef. And oh my, did it feel good! I was limping all over the place on dry land, but when I got in that water - one of the lovely beach staff called me a Mermaid lol

SO mission accomplished, got back in the early hours of this morning. Now its time to prepare for my next surgery, both practically, by way of housework, organisation etc, and also mentally, as I have literally been living in a little bubble for 2 weeks, trying not to think about the inevitable......

Im guessing that there may well be a few new members since I was last on here, and I know a couple of forumites will have had their surgeries - Elaine A, how are you my lovely??

Ill catch up with everything soon, but I just wanted to share with you all - 6 months ago it seemed an impossibility, but I lived my dream!! 

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Well done you.  Just remember to locate your local pool.  If the water is warm (hydro pool) all the better
    • Posted

Thanks, I already go to my local pool twice a week, but its blumming cold! I should get a few sessions of Hydro post-op in the hospital pool which is nice and warm.

One of the best bits of my holiday was doing 1 1/2 hours hydro every day  in the heated Spa Pool every day - absolute bliss, especially when the lovley (and VERY handsome) Spa chap turned on the Jacuzzi jets and power showers cheesygrin

• Posted

Stop it, might need to buy a plane ticket, there are hydraT pools around, failing that try gyms with spas.  Keep on exercising and enjoying life x
  • Posted

So glad for you!  those first few awful days are a distant memory, and the second one just has to be easier, I'm sure!  Good luck!
  • Posted

Good for you......any goals for the next one?
    • Posted

Oh yes, OFG, to return to the same Hotel this time next year,to let the staff see what im like with 2 new knees, to snorkel off the same reef, and to have a go at Parasailing off the Jetty!! Never done it before, but would really like to try it!
  • Posted

So proud of you for chasing and CATCHING your dream! Sometimes we just must do what we want to do. It gives us a new lease on life!

Water is such an amazing thing! So happy that you were able to feel good WHILE you were in the water!

I was discharged today from the hospital following a TKR on my right knee. My previous one was in June and both worked out well.We just became GRANDPARENTS, and next year our other son gets married. My goal was to prepare for having fun with our new grandbaby and enjoying myself at the wedding next September.

It feels GREAT to meet a goal!

Congratulations, Terri!

• Posted

Thank you Cheryl, you always sound so positive and enthusiastic.

Congratulations on becoming grandparents, you must be thrilled to bits!

The speed you make progress, I'm sure you'll be in top form for the wedding - how exciting, having that to look forward to!

I'm glad that You're doing well on knee #2, and wish you well for a speedy and successful recovery.

• Posted

Thanks so much, Terri!

Yes, it has been so wonderful to watch the new little family come together! Our son absolutely ADORES his new little girl, our daughter-in-law is SO tuned into her sweet baby, and their German Shepherd is a PERFECT "nanny" - never more than a few feet away from little Arya. They visited yesterday for my hospital homecoming and our youngest son's birthday. I loved watching all of them coming together and loving one another!

Yes, I am very pleased with my progress! My first replacement sent well, but there was SO MUCH to learn and SO MUCH to deal with that was unexpected. This time around I was in better shape physically, and my first SURGICAL KNEE really has stepped up to the plate to help with its partner, Right Knee's recovery!

Wishing you the chasing and catching of many MORE dreams!

• Posted

one more thing off the BUCKET list well done terri ,you have given hope for everyone to reach their goal. !!!!
  • Posted

WELL DONE!!! WHOOP! WHOOP! Oh that is so encouraging! You are an inspiration!

Hey I am doing well! You will do so too, Just keep those thigh muscles strong and you will see a big difference 2nd time around.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.